• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 23/24

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am new to this forum. I've been watching the Wachusett website for weather and conditions. Would love to know if anyone has skied today and what conditions are like.
I was there today and conditions were firm but not terrible. Since it rained over the weekend I think it froze up now that's colder but it wasn't bad.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Was also there today. 10th mountain got quite scraped off by noon. Ralph's was the run of the day.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seems kind of last minute, but Wachusett recently announced their demo day for this Saturday. You have to register online in advance, and this year they have a pricing structure based on your pass status. $20 for Gold and Silver, $40 for Bronze, $75 for non-passholders. There was no mention of Steel pass, but I would assume the same as the Bronze. The price includes lift access, and if you purchase something later on at Mountainside, they will credit you the full amount.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Day 1 today. Started on Ralph's but found it a bit narrow w/ icy patches and too many people for my 1st day. Needed to get the kinks out of me and my gear. Moved over to Sundowner and Indian Summer and had a great morning. No ice, much wider, better grooming. Took awhile but got into a groove. Looks like Wachusett is shooting to open Look Mom and/or Hitchcock. They were making snow all morning in that area. Sadly it looks like we're in for another round of heavy rain Sunday into Monday.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, early season the greens are often best. They put a lot of effort into keeping the beginner terrain friendly. How many of the old timer beer league crew were on the greens doing drill today?

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Agreed, as the last 2 weeks greens were definitely the best groomed. But Tuesday and Wednesday Challenger, Conifer and even 10th (marginally) were better than Ralph's, as well as Indian Summer.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
@diymom - there were couple guys w/ Wachusett Race Team jackets - Masters League maybe. There was one guy in a yellow skin doing his race thing. Every once in awhile a pod of people would come over ski a bit and leave then another pod would come. Maybe pods migrating around as the other trails got skied off or crowded.
@BlueSkies - I heard several people in the lodge talking about how awesome Weds was. I knew I was getting into ice due to the overnight temp drop but yesterday was the only day I could sneak in. I was hoping Mon but it looks like rain. So after New Year's will be next up.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Agree--I was there Wed this week and the conditions on Ralph's were not as good this week as they had been the previous weeks. I didn't do 10th but Conifer was in fairly good shape. Hoping to go next Wed as well--hope the r@!n doesn't destroy too much.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went today after the rain storm on Monday and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I was expecting a sheet of ice since it was warm the past 2 days and then went below freezing last night, but since it got cold they were able to make some snow over night. Where they had made snow it was not terrible. But conditions overall were extremely variable. There were some really slick spots and then some really nice snow. I think Challenger was in the best shape of everything I skied. Conifer was pretty meh and not worth repeating I didn't think. Ralph's was super variable. The beginner trails had a nice layer of fresh man made snow which was nice and not sticky at all. I was considering 10th but it didn't sound/look that great so I skipped it.
It was a little busier than it has been---but by no means "busy"---no lines but trails at times could feel crowded since so little is open. Colleges are out for break as well as private schools, so there were more younger people around today.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just looked at the webcams, and according to the snow report they got 8-12" and it is still snowing lightly. Tomorrow will start off chilly, but blue skies all day.

Oh, and I also saw on the site that the 3-Flex pass (3 full 8 hour days, no black outs) is on sale through Jan 12- only $199 instead of the usual $239.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish I could go tomorrow to enjoy this outcome of this snowstorm! I went last Thursday and the conditions were the best of the season so far. More rain to come this week... I'm just happy to see the mountain white on the webcams today.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Planning on tomorrow. 1st I have to chopped my car out of ice but I also figured there would be a severe case of "fresh snow flu" today plus the local schools are on 2 hr delay - it will be crowded today. It should calm down tomorrow and be nicely groomed. Just in time for heavy rain on Weds.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, it looked busy on some of the webcams today. Also planning on going tmrw and hoping it will have died down a bit.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hope to be there tomorrow too. Was there today, one lift operator said he thought it was busier than Xmas week.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Went today and skied 9-1pm. Of the days I've been so far this season this was the best conditions overall. Everything I skied was fairly soft--especially along the edges. Worst run of the day was Hitchcock---that was super hardpack, so one and done with that one.
There were lift lines early on but by like 11:30 it had emptied out quite a bit. But there were enough people that they had used lot 3 parking.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Went today and skied 9-1pm. Of the days I've been so far this season this was the best conditions overall. Everything I skied was fairly soft--especially along the edges. Worst run of the day was Hitchcock---that was super hardpack, so one and done with that one.
There were lift lines early on but by like 11:30 it had emptied out quite a bit. But there were enough people that they had used lot 3 parking.
I was also there and will second Hitchcock as the worst run of the day. Met up with @Divegirl for a few runs.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Skied today - about the best conditions (at least for me) so far plus no snowmaking going on. Hitchcock is being converted into a terrain park - glad I got a couple runs there last Friday. Frannies was groomed nicely for a change. Challenger was good but had a of of uneven grooming. Ralph's and Look Mom also good. Heard a guy say on the lift that there were a bunch of new groomers this year and the grooming would be wonky every so often. Did very well for today. Cold, groomed sugary snow on hard pack w/ slick spots here and there.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw online over the weekend that the beginner lift was down. Is that back running again?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna