• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Volkl Kenja 2013 (preview)

HuckNrip

Diva in Training
Hi ladies,

I skied the 2013's this weekend at Sunday River Maine. The conditions were 74 degrees and sunny so soft slushy snow. I did not get to try them on usual new england conditions or light powder. They did Rocker the tip but not the tail. They cut through everything I threw at them including heavy slush and bumps. I don't have any complaints for these skis, they were fast and reliable. They are lightweight. I would be curious to see how they perform in something like Sierra cement.

naskis

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi ladies,

I skied the 2013's this weekend at Sunday River Maine. The conditions were 74 degrees and sunny so soft slushy snow. I did not get to try them on usual new england conditions or light powder. They did Rocker the tip but not the tail. They cut through everything I threw at them including heavy slush and bumps. I don't have any complaints for these skis, they were fast and reliable. They are lightweight. I would be curious to see how they perform in something like Sierra cement.
What length were the skis?

HuckNrip

Diva in Training
I skied the 163 - a little pressure on the toe will cut through the crud. I live in NE and will pull these for ice and small amounts of snow. I still love my Kiku's though and will always pull those for the POW.

naskis

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, HuckNrip! I'm in NE too. Have been drooling over Kenja since they came out - skied 156 in Santa Fe and loved it on the real snow :smile:

Altaholic

Diva in Training
If you don't need new skis don't demo the Kenjas. You'll HAVE to buy them. At least that's what happened to me. Was perfectly content with my Lotta Luvs, but I just had to try the fabled Kenjas. Fell in love half way down the first run. Bummed I haven't gotten them off the groomers yet - what an awful snow year so far - but it looks like that's changing (in northern CA) and hope to get them in some crud, trees, moguls and powder before long. They perform great on the groomers. Good thing since that's all I've been able to get on this year!
I, too, ski on the K2 Lotta Luv; tried out the new Kenja at Alta in early January. You are so right...I HAVE TO HAVE THEM!

I have been skiing the '13 Kenjas this season, and today I got to test them in about 10" of fluffy snow, untracked and in piles. They are such great skis, I am super happy with them. I have skied the Auras for a few years and find the Kenjas more snappy, easier to get on edge, and a little more versatile for New England ski conditions. A great all mountain East Coast ski.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've only skied on mine twice now? So far no major injuries to the topsheet. The demos I tried looked a bit beat up, but then they were demos. I'm hoping they hold up OK, but if they get really scratched I probably won't be all that surprised.

sdskiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I demoed the 2013 Kenja along with five other skis. My favorite of all was the Kenja. It was just absolutely stunning in the bumps. It was an extension of my feet - wherever I wanted to turn it would. And at the end of a long bump run my legs were not on fire. Every other ski I tried in the bumps always left my legs feeling like they had been worked really hard. Before trying the Kenja, I assumed my lack of quickness was because of the ongoing recovery from a blown ACL last season. Had the surgery in June and have been taking it easy. But now I have to lie to my surgeon that I'm staying on the blues and greens. The Kenja has gotten me back to the black and double black bump runs. Yeah Kenja!

shima

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I demoed the 2013 Kenja along with five other skis. My favorite of all was the Kenja. It was just absolutely stunning in the bumps. It was an extension of my feet - wherever I wanted to turn it would. And at the end of a long bump run my legs were not on fire. Every other ski I tried in the bumps always left my legs feeling like they had been worked really hard. Before trying the Kenja, I assumed my lack of quickness was because of the ongoing recovery from a blown ACL last season. Had the surgery in June and have been taking it easy. But now I have to lie to my surgeon that I'm staying on the blues and greens. The Kenja has gotten me back to the black and double black bump runs. Yeah Kenja!

This I find very interesting, guess I'll have to demo the 2013's at some point. I own last years version, no front rocker, and hate them in the bumps. I much prefer my TST's for bumps currently.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga