• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Volkl Charisma Length. Mens version?

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi I demoed the Charisma a few times and loved it. The longest length they make is 163, though, which is too short for me. (5'8" 175lbs.)

Does anyone know if there is a men's version of the Charisma? Or any other ski I should demo that is similar but comes in more lengths?

I'm looking for a frontside carver with a narrow waist that can really grip east coast ice.

Thanks!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I also demoed the Charisma and was frustrated with the 163 max length. I bought the 2015 Blizzard Viva 810ti iq 167 which is a stiff, kicking ice biter in the all mountain category; several of us New England Divas have this ski. If you want longer, the 2015 men's version was the X-power 810. For 2016 it was the X8, but I am unsure of construction changes.

Volkl is coming out with the women's Flair for 2017, and I heard it was coming in a longer length than the Charisma. The men's Volkl RTM series would be a good one to try as well.

Others can recommend true frontside carvers with narrower waists. Good luck!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Volkl is coming out with the women's Flair for 2017, and I heard it was coming in a longer length than the Charisma

Not so fast on the Flair.... I just found an online 2017 Volkl brochure and the new Flair is coming in 4 models, and 163 is the longest length in 3 out of 4 of the models. The Flair SC UVO is coming in a 160 and a 165. That said, according to the print, the Flair has a longer rocker profile.....yeesh....they giveth and they taketh :rolleyes: Seriously Volkl?

https://issuu.com/snowsport_pl/docs/v__lkl_workbook_16_17_en

I am your weight but a couple inches shorter and love, love, love my Charismas, best east coast ice ski IMO. My guy has the RTM 81 and loves them in new england where we ski. Not sure about next year but this years RTM comes in a 163 and a 170. Perhaps try the 170?

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another vote for the RTM. My guy also skis them. I really want to demo these myself.

Not a frontside carver, but pretty good on ice anyway is the Volkl Kenja. Comes in a 170 cm. I'm 5'6", 175 lbs, and usually quite comfortable on 170 cm skis.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The closest match to the Charisma in the RTM series is the 78. The Charisma is 127-79-100, the RTM is 126-78-105. They will hold onto the end of the turn a bit more, and they're likely heavier and stiffer since the core is different.

When I demoed the Charisma and RTM84, I fell madly in love with both although the Charisma was clearly too short for my weight - I'll likely end up on the 84 in a 177 when I finally replace my Fischer Hybrids.

I am in love with my charismas, like gear whore love.

DH just bought the RTM 84 in a 177

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga