• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Volkl Blaze 86?

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I dunno that I'll try the Blaze (aka buy them) only b/c I have a 1920s house in need of some love. lol

Thanks for the clarification on the C. I think I might have liked the Mindbenders more if they just had a little something more to them (my Agents have carbon). But I could def see how they'd be a friendly, easy-going cruiser coming off an injury.

It's interesting how different things are worldwide, b/c Volkls are everywhere here in the states.
Oh no Volkls are super popular here its just that no one picked up the Blaze 86 for some reason, the 94's are available though.

It would be interesting see what the most popular ski's or ski brands are in the different countries.

dcgirlinmadbury

Diva in Training
I skied the blazes last year in the northeast, mostly Cannon Mt). They are light, zippy, springy and fun but very soft tips which don't like to plow through the crud.

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is the only thing that gives me pause - my other half has a pair of Mantras and ploughs through spring crud like a tank on those. But he finds them much less fun than his other, more playful skis in other conditions.
These were the 2024 model, and skiing spring conditions in alpine/palisades tahoe

ride_ski

Angel Diva
Just saw this thread (can't believe 3 pages in just as many days). Love my Blaze's. I skied almost every day last season on them. Did a ski week in Taos with the Divas, so saw powder, bumps and trees. Then skied the rest of the year in Vt with not so much powder....I love them so much that DH bought me a backup pair in case they stop making them. I like that they are so versatile- soft enough for bumps, can tip them on edge and carve so easily and they will hold on hard pack.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I skied the blazes last year in the northeast, mostly Cannon Mt). They are light, zippy, springy and fun but very soft tips which don't like to plow through the crud.
Fair. That said, if a ski can plow through crud with aplomb I likely don't enjoy skiing it. My Stockli Stormrider 85 is the closest I have to that - the only damp ski I have ever liked.

Now if they could somehow make a ski that was as zippy, springy, and fun as the Sheeva 9 or Blaze 86 AND could plow through crud, that would be the absolute bomb :hail: I haven't found that ski yet.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Just saw this thread (can't believe 3 pages in just as many days). Love my Blaze's. I skied almost every day last season on them. Did a ski week in Taos with the Divas, so saw powder, bumps and trees. Then skied the rest of the year in Vt with not so much powder....I love them so much that DH bought me a backup pair in case they stop making them. I like that they are so versatile- soft enough for bumps, can tip them on edge and carve so easily and they will hold on hard pack.
Don’t tempt me. I’ve skied with the three of you!!!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Fair. That said, if a ski can plow through crud with aplomb I likely don't enjoy skiing it. My Stockli Stormrider 85 is the closest I have to that - the only damp ski I have ever liked.

Now if they could somehow make a ski that was as zippy, springy, and fun as the Sheeva 9 or Blaze 86 AND could plow through crud, that would be the absolute bomb :hail: I haven't found that ski yet.
Exactly the same for me, as you know! Haha

I almost never plow through crud in general, but as long as I kept on edge I was able to cut through spring crud on the Blazes last year. So it was fine.

I would love to find a ski that I can plow through crud on easily and not dislike everywhere else..

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Exactly the same for me, as you know! Haha

I almost never plow through crud in general, but as long as I kept on edge I was able to cut through spring crud on the Blazes last year. So it was fine.

I would love to find a ski that I can plow through crud on easily and not dislike everywhere else..
What about the Santa Ana 93? I demoed them one year in Taos and seemed they plowed through "more" than the Sheevas.

Reactions: RJ*

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@lisamamot @MissySki I still think you guys might like the Faction Agent, if you can ever find them to try. They're such an easy-going ski, relaxed feeling ski and definitely don't require a lot of input imo, and yet have strangely good edge hold and dampness (don't get tossed or bogged down in crud).

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In my house b/c 1920 everything is "character" lol It's my go-to excuse for everything we haven't gotten to yet lmao

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
In my house b/c 1920 everything is "character" lol It's my go-to excuse for everything we haven't gotten to yet lmao
Well I think I need new windows, so there's that. But $247 for skis is dirt cheap. I can't compare to price of replacing a few windows.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga