• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Volkl aura?

Terri GB

Diva in Training
hi, after some research and recommendation
From the ski Diva ladies (thank you) I visited a shop to have a closer look at the blizzard black pearl 88 today. I am already in love with them! Crazy considering I didn't even demo them yet, but plan to soon.
My thread question is because my hubby has come across a pair of 2017 volkl auras at an amazing price and thinks they would be a good ski for me. The reviews look great, but I would really value any opinions from ladies that own or have experience on them?
My stats: intermediate advanced, 60% piste, 40% everything else, I weigh 9st and 5ft 5.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Which length Volkl Aura? At your specs of 5'5" 9 stone (126 pounds), the 163cm would likely be the appropriate length given the full rocker profile. I have not demoed it in a few years, but from what I remember it is a pretty serious ski. If you are an aggressive skier, and prefer a rock solid stable ride, the Aura would deliver. I am sure there are others on here that are current owners that could voice in better.

A demo of the Black Pearl 88 is a great idea. I am a New England skier in the states, and at the time I demoed the Black Pearl, it did not have the edge grip I was looking for. I hear the new model has addressed this and is fantastic - I am really looking forward to demoing it myself.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga