• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vail, CO

Spark

Certified Ski Diva
My mum really wanted to go to Vail over Easter but I know they haven't been getting a ton of snow and right now the base is at 43" I believe. But just wanted to confirm with someone who's skied there recently. Also heard from someone this past weekend that 3 weeks ago only 50% of the trails mountain are open?

Looks like we might plan a trip to the Interior here in British Columbia instead and next year do Vail, CO.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Vail is skiing pretty good right now! Not sure what the numbers are for the base, but almost everything is open and you can ski almost all of it without worrying about your bases. I was there all day on Saturday and had a blast.

Granted, the snow totals are comparatively low this year, but things are finally in decent shape. The back bowls and blue sky basin didn't open until mid-January, so it was true that they were less than 50% open about a month ago, but they're definitely mostly open now.

Moongidget

Angel Diva
+1
I was last there 2/8 - 2/11, and it was purdy darn good. Skied with another diva one day and we had a wonderful time.

Up until the last bit of January, things were pretty abysmal, but they have turned around. I've had 4 good powder days in the back since.

Spark, book the trip with your mum. You'll have a great time.

Oh, Vail, how I love thee! Let me count the days. 3 til I see you again. Now, if only I could get my head around work until I leave...

Spark

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks divas! I'll keep an eye on the forecast as Easter approaches.

Anyone know a good website to find reasonable accommodations in Vail or maybe I should do a search on SkiDiva, I'm sure there are threads on this.

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The locals will know best... but I was there last week. It's good, but watch out for rocks and little tree stumps in Blue Sky Basin and the back bowls. The coverage was still a little thin in places off the runs. I was glad to have the damage waiver on my demos, as I smacked a couple hidden rocks. I understand they've gotten more snow since then, so hopefully it will be better!

Moongidget

Angel Diva
11" at Vail last night, with another 6"+ forecast for the weekend. :smile:
:drool:

Oh, RachelV, you're terrible. :wink: I've got two more days of work til I can get up there, and now I can't concentrate! :dance:

jelenad

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks divas! I'll keep an eye on the forecast as Easter approaches.

Anyone know a good website to find reasonable accommodations in Vail or maybe I should do a search on SkiDiva, I'm sure there are threads on this.

My previous post was in reply to this question...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga