• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vail Breakthrough (and Am I Making Mtns Out Of Molehills?)

Celestron2000

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
and congrats on the breakthrough, I had one too, yesterday.
:banana:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:beer:

I actually just came home to a clean kitchen and 2 dishwashers full of cereal bowls. Which means nothing except no one ate anything at home except cereal and/or ice cream. :laugh:

Last year was hilarious, though: I came home to this:

216720_1954956674460_1258990823_2316380_3672773_n.jpg

Seriously???

shima

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I came home last night to clean sheets, towels, laundry ready for me in piles, a clean house, groceries purchased and cupcakes in the fridge! They can be taught!
You made him aware of your grief and he listened, a proper marriage!

My ex-husband would always leave the house worse off than I left it in when I'd go on work trips, and he'd never change the cat litter (but he would feed them) when I'd be gone for a week... when we were going through the divorce and I was moving out, I learned the the cats defecated on several of his backpacks and other personal belongings (but NOTHING of mine) so I had a good karma feeling leaving that marriage knowing even the cats resented him (the cats who came with me of course). He never cared how upset I was to come home to a house full of undone chores... my current fiance on the other hand? Complete opposite! My happiness and sanity is his number one concern :smile:

Moongidget

Angel Diva
Cats are extremely smart!
Devious too! Good thing ours didn't do anything like that while I was gone. I'm sure I would have had to clean that up too. However, if he'd peed on the bed, maybe the sheets would have been clean first time around...:noidea:

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
... when we were going through the divorce and I was moving out, I learned the the cats defecated on several of his backpacks and other personal belongings (but NOTHING of mine) so I had a good karma feeling leaving that marriage knowing even the cats resented him (the cats who came with me of course)....

This.is.classic. :rotf: One of thing I love about cats is that you always know where you stand with them. Two similar experiences. Old friend comes to stay on my boat and I don't know who was most put out - Old friend who hates cats with a passion or my boat cat who had to now share the couch WITH a cat-o-phobe. Turns out she won as when old friend went to retire for the night and pulled back the back the bedding there was the welcome sight of numerous damp spots... yup boat cat had pi$$ed all over it the couch:rolleyes:. When I worked from home I was very close to a tabby kitten we were raising. We used to sit together on our special chair while I worked at the PC. One week I left for a mini break at a friends and evidently kitten was very put out. DH really appreciated it went he went to sit down on the 'special' chair to check ebay only to find ... yup... he was sitting in kitty poo!!

...my current fiance on the other hand? Complete opposite! My happiness and sanity is his number one concern :smile:...

I'm so pleased that you found that special someone Shima :thumbsup:

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awwww, that's awesome!! Maybe he can come give mine some lessons :becky:
I have experienced the same problems during the 14 years we've been married. I have managed to do some rudimentary "spouse training," (toilet seat down, etc) but housecleaning? Forget it. So rather than stew about it, I hired someone to clean once every two weeks. That has made my life a lot easier, although I still have the countless daily messes to deal with. It's amazing how neat the house stays when he's away on business!:smile:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have experienced the same problems during the 14 years we've been married. I have managed to do some rudimentary "spouse training," (toilet seat down, etc) but housecleaning? Forget it. So rather than stew about it, I hired someone to clean once every two weeks. That has made my life a lot easier, although I still have the countless daily messes to deal with. It's amazing how neat the house stays when he's away on business!:smile:

Mine's gone for eight months. While I prefer the mere week long breaks while he's traveling on a normal schedule, I guess I'll get an extended break from the messes, at least that's one of the positives I'm trying to tell myself! Less laundry, fewer dishes, bed stays neater, house stays neater. I won't go into the negatives. It just gets me down!

I've thought of hiring someone to clean every two weeks, but I just can't justify the cost while I'm not working. It's sure tempting, though!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga