• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ugh - have these been posted before?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, pretty bad. Seems hard to realize that these were in my lifetime.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This thread is timely, given all the anti-feminist postings on Facebook, posted by young women, I think it's the "Women Against Feminism" Tumblr.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, some things don't deserve the publicity.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've seen a lot of Against Women Who Are Against Feminism stuff lately. I keep thinking those girls in the pictures are just total twits. I know, shouldn't call them that, but can't dignify them.

I have a GREAT cookbook here from the fifties. Guy dressed in a dress shirt, woman in a dress with full petticoat. I should scan some of the inanities.

altagirl

Staff member
Same here, I've seen more responses/counters to it than I did the original, which is good, at least

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
<3 The Bloggess. https://thebloggess.com/2014/07/women-who-are-ambivalent-about-women-against-women-against-feminism/

"I’m not saying you can’t choose to not be a feminist but know what you’re choosing. Don’t make a decision about a group based on the most radical beliefs of a group. Don’t get defensive if you get deeper and are exposed to difficult ideas about intersectionality and race and gender and colonialism and patriarchy and male liberation. Just listen. Some of it will make sense. Some of it won’t. Some of it will later when you’re a different person. Some of it you’ll change your mind about throughout your life and the world will change too. Some of it is bullshit. Some of it is truth. All of it is worth listening to."

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to read the Bloggess but slacked off. She's pretty intense and so sharp!:smile:

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, I posted the Women against feminism Tumblr. These women were really confused by what feminism is about IMHO. The Blogess post that Bounceswoosh posted got it right. I think there are some stereotypes/myths about feminism and feminists that need to be deconstructed.

mustski

Angel Diva
Uggh! Says it all! Feminism is a different issue and definitely has a marketing problem with the younger generation. Since it's political in nature ... I will leave it there.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Don’t get defensive if you get deeper and are exposed to difficult ideas about intersectionality and race and gender and colonialism and patriarchy and male liberation. "
I had to look this up--at first I thought it was a typo. :doh: We always talked in those terms when I was in college and law school, but having left academia and getting schooled on my gender issues first hand as a woman with the bad habit of getting into majority-male jobs, I haven't read anything that would use such a fancy term.
These women were really confused by what feminism is about IMHO...I think there are some stereotypes/myths about feminism and feminists that need to be deconstructed.
Feminism is a different issue and definitely has a marketing problem with the younger generation.
I think a lot of the confusion stems from the fact that "feminism" has always encompassed everything from radical anti-male separatism and damnation of anything 'girly' to couples sharing childrearing duties and support for fair wages. And it doesn't help that there's no longer a broad-based coherent feminist movement to 'market' the issues. That makes it easy to pick out something about it to rebel against, and without even having read the linked material, I'm sure the reaction from women who've gone through the struggle must just inflame passions. :doh:

mustski

Angel Diva
I think a lot of the confusion stems from the fact that "feminism" has always encompassed everything from radical anti-male separatism and damnation of anything 'girly' to couples sharing childrearing duties and support for fair wages. And it doesn't help that there's no longer a broad-based coherent feminist movement to 'market' the issues. That makes it easy to pick out something about it to rebel against, and without even having read the linked material, I'm sure the reaction from women who've gone through the struggle must just inflame passions. :doh:
I think a google search of "feminist news" will reveal most of the issues. DS's friends, the neighborhood girls (17/18yrs) told me then just don't see the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna