• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tux Redux

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So on Friday morning, I got off the plane and headed straight for Pinkham Notch, arriving at noon. It was a gorgeous day. Cars were parked waaaaay down Rt. 16 - it was crowded. I'd wanted to do Gulf of Slides, but I opted for the Tuckerman Ravine Trail because it was a known quantity, and I was low on fuel (see lunch contents below).

My pack was lighter than it was 2 years ago, and I was 30 minutes faster on the ascent to HoJo's. I even passed 8 people on the way up, including 4 skiers. Woohoo!

If I had planned things better, I would have had more than a vending machine-sized package of peanut M&Ms, an apple, Luna Bar, and 2 energy chews for lunch, and I would have gone into the Bowl (another 30-45 minute hike) to hang out with the 1500-2000 or so people that were estimated to be there. Instead, I skied down the Sherby, which was in pretty decent condition, and called it a day. Super day, though!

042211141903.jpg

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was there too. I got Dan Egan to be my guide and we hiked up to the snowfields and down the headwall. Center gully I think (not sure). I am still buzzing. Really worth it to go with someone who is really knowledgeable and experienced at Mount Washington.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ahhh...had I known you were there, I would have made you go out for a beer with me afterward! :smile: Glad to hear you had a great time, too.

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, that would have been great! I wish I'd known you were there. Really impressive that you did this in one day!

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds like a fantistic trip. Yay for being 30 minutes faster. I am sure that has to feel great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna