• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tracking your gear - How Hot is UPS?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The real question is this.............
Is having a tracking number a good thing?

I ordered the Bro Standard 174 Softs this week, which were shipped promptly.
I've been watching them on their path to my door.
They are sitting in a warehouse just a few miles from my house, to be delivered Monday.
Do you want to guess how nuts this makes me?:loco:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
The real question is this.............
Is having a tracking number a good thing?

I ordered the Bro Standard 174 Softs this week, which were shipped promptly.
I've been watching them on their path to my door.
They are sitting in a warehouse just a few miles from my house, to be delivered Monday.
Do you want to guess how nuts this makes me?:loco:

And it's all you can do to stop yourself from driving to the warehouse, oui?? :smile: I recall my son doing exactly just that (I don't recall whether it produced the hoped-for results).

Sooooooo -- adding to the quiver again, eh?

Retromaven and I are impatiently awaiting delivery of our CW-X compression tights, ordered within hours of one another. Mine are scheduled for delivery today (FedEx), hers are still in Chicago :noidea:

We feel your pain....

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Having a tracking number is a really good thing. I live in a city, my house is close to the street. Although my neighbors are cool, you never know who's driving up and down or walking around the street here.

On trash day, people comb the city to see what you have laying out on the tree lawn. I put an antique dresser out there <it was falling apart> and within 1 hour of running an errand it was gone. People fish for metal, anything they can sell, it's really crazy. Our city is 55% rental property and 45% homeowners, so you know when tenants leave their stuff behind it all gets chucked to the tree lawn.

I like to know that there should be a box sitting on my porch when I get home! And I have something more to look forward to that day... I was at work the other day thinking I just couldn't wait to get home because i knew my skis were coming that day...

I love tracking numbers!:thumbsup:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A week ago, the sewer was frozen at the UPS warehouse, so we had access to it. Hmmmmm, I wonder if I could convince them to let me in to check the "flow":noidea:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
^^^^^^^^^:eek:
I was born and raised in a Big (really big) city, now live in the boonies. The UPS guy knows my name, honks when he backs into the driveway, comes into the garage entry door, puts the box on my back door steps - if he sees my car in the garage, he rings the bell.

The mail lady, who also does fitness classes with me, often has to drive up and bring stuff to the door that won't fit in the street-side box. She'll sometimes open the back door and set it indoors in my mud room and call out "Mail's here!"

I don't have much shopping anywhere nearby (thank goodness for online), and the nearest "big" (a relative term) city is 80 miles distant, as is the nearest mall. Grocery shopping isn't great, either. I have to haul my own trash (or pay someone to do it), and the road to town is currently nearing axle-breaker in condition.

But for these people?? I think I'll stay. I'm reminded of the last line of a great theme song:
"You wanna go where everybody knows your name."

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My ups man has my phone number programed into his cell phone. He calls me ahead so I can put some cookies in the oven for him before he gets here.

He's single(divorced), and a real catch if anyone is interested. Will work for cookies!:becky:

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My ups man has my phone number programed into his cell phone. He calls me ahead so I can put some cookies in the oven for him before he gets here.

He's single(divorced), and a real catch if anyone is interested. Will work for cookies!:becky:

That's funny. At the store I used to work at, we knew the Ups guy by name as we saw him every day. He used to flirt back and forth with my manager.. we kept asking him nonchalantly..."so what are you and your wife doing for Christmas...."... okay, good. No wife....you get the picture.
He gave us his cell in case we had something to "pick up" that wasn't a scheduled delivery... I never could get my manager to call and ask him out! :laugh: If I were 20 years older, I would have!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Best online tracking results words: "On FedEx truck for delivery." My compression tights will get put into service tomorrow! Review pending. Retromaven, one more day or so for you. Monday, I hope.

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Best online tracking results words: "On FedEx truck for delivery." My compression tights will get put into service tomorrow! Review pending. Retromaven, one more day or so for you. Monday, I hope.

I love those words! Speaking of tracking, I just got a package! I had ordered a goggle case for my bf's new goggles, he already scratched the iridium lense while they were in the backpack.

Man, this case is a tight fit too... Hey, whatever works!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't you love that!!!
Out for Deliver! Has a ring to it!

Maybe we should have a thread: How hot is your delivery guy?

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
Cookies uh? And cute you say? Hmm! If I was going to be around home this week, I might be tempted to see if I could get your bro's rerouted to my house! Lol! I make a wicked monster cookie! :wink: Just kidding!! Sometimes "ski lust" can do strange things to cloud a gal's good judgement, integrity! Not to mention all's fair in love, war, and ski equipment aquisition!! Lol! Uhm now where did I put that recipe?

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And it's all you can do to stop yourself from driving to the warehouse, oui?? :smile: I recall my son doing exactly just that (I don't recall whether it produced the hoped-for results).

I actually do it on a regular basis. I call them and confirm that it's there and they mark the package as Will Call. They're open on Saturdays and it works out great! Might wanna call them and see if you can stop by and grab em.

Retromaven and I are impatiently awaiting delivery of our CW-X compression tights, ordered within hours of one another. Mine are scheduled for delivery today (FedEx), hers are still in Chicago :noidea:

Still in Chicago, eh? I could take good care of them for you, retromaven :smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cookies uh? And cute you say? Hmm! If I was going to be around home this week, I might be tempted to see if I could get your bro's rerouted to my house! Lol! I make a wicked monster cookie! :wink: Just kidding!! Sometimes "ski lust" can do strange things to cloud a gal's good judgement, integrity! Not to mention all's fair in love, war, and ski equipment aquisition!! Lol! Uhm now where did I put that recipe?
Oh he loves monster cookies!
I get cookie dough from schwans for the office and pop a few in the oven regularly for the guys at work.

mr UPS loves the monser cookies with peanutbutter, oatmeal, candy pieces.............yummmy!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
What is it with these UPS guys anyway? They're ALL cute :smile: ! Is this like some kind of job requirement?? The only one I've ever seen who wasn't downright hot was as sweet as----a cookie?? (too bad I don't bake....:rolleyes: )

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Now I'm thinking about the UPS guy in "Legally Blonde" and that whole relationship....

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bennnnnnd, and SNAP!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Bennnnnnd, and SNAP!

:ROTF:
That's the line. Was close to a keyboard spit for me when you came up w/that one! Okay, will you divas please let me get out of here and go buy food??? Company tonight, gotta cook.

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
Oh aren't we wicked this morning?! Well as much as I would love to stay and chat with my favorite virtual ski buds! Duty calls! I have to go meet my family obligations. Today is my sons 19th Birthday! Were did the time go? As always we celebrate with my ex's family and Nana at her place. So we last monday we traveled cross country to the place my son was born, and spent his early years. Yes I know I know I am selfless to do this. (Can't stand my ex but I love his family.) Did I mention Nana lives in Sun Valley Idaho?:wink: I know so harsh an ordeal! Yes each year I am forced ( for the sake of my son of course) to spend three weeks skiing, hanging out with my old friends in the beautiful woodriver valley. The sacrifices that we have to make for the sake of our childeren! :ROTF: It's been tough being here. Knowing that I am missing all of that mid-michigan powder (icy styrofoam!) at mt. Holly but sometimes as parents we have to do what's best for our children. I guess I'll just have to persevere for the sake of my child. Heh-he-he life is good!!!!!!! It's sunny with a high of thirty expected and it snowed last night!!! :snow: :ski2: Wa-hoo off to Baldy!

CO-girl

Certified Ski Diva
SnowHot, I am in the same boat! My skis are sitting in the UPS warehouse 15 minutes away. I called, but they are closed today. UUGH! I have to wait till Monday.:Cry:

I feel for you and share your pain!!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
FINALLY! DELIVERED. Now comes the real test: is there any pair of tights on planet earth that is worth $66 + delivery? Stay tuned, gear review. Testing tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga