• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Time for some powder skis . . .

jellyflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Would a more rockered powder ski give me an advantage?

Clearly: YES. Width and tip rocker will give you an advantage.

The tip rocker helps to have the ski on top and helps to avoid that it dives into the snow (and catches an edge or so).
((More powder days would also give you an advantage :eyebrows:))

DH feels that the Nemesis is the perfect powder ski, and a different ski will not make a difference. Opinions, please.

I have not skied the Nemesis but no rocker and that mini waist (sorry!) do qualify for anything but a perfect powder ski.
Sure, you still can ski powder with it & you will enjoy - but it will be more fun with a ski that is designed for such conditions.

On the other hand: if you get better used to deeper snow very few hints and exercises might help a LOT. No matter on which skis.
In a nutshell (it is really difficult for me to describe instead of "show and explain" on the snow): have quite a deep position (use your ankle, knee, hip) but shoulders back and don't bow your upper body. Then - and that feels different than on groomers - don't let your ski tip lead you through the turn but have the bit under your boots/bindings make the turn. Like 'cross under' turns (is that the right expression??).
Keeping the deep position and working a lot with your legs is pretty exhausting when you are not used to it but it is soooo much easier in powder!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna