• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Timberline close at end of summer?

jessie.says.that

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, I've never skied in Oregon in August, but I was talking to a friend who is planning a trip down to Timberline pretty soon, probably mid August.

Timberline will be open, yes? Has anyone skied there at this time of year? Should one just go with low expectations?

Are they open all year round, or do they close at the end of summer, like Sept. or something?

Sorry, just not familiar with the area. Went to their website, didn't seem to find it, and I'd rather hear first-hand experiences than try to pour through all the telementary data.

Thanks in advance for any info/suggestions.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
They close for a few weeks every year, I think in September.

I was there for a day a few years ago and I had a really good time. I mean, it's not great skiing, and things are super slushy by the time they close the lifts at 12 or 1, but from 7-10 or so is really fun and totally worth trying if you're in the area. I was there in late July. I have some pics from the day here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelv/sets/72157601107104956/

jessie.says.that

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rachel-

Thanks for the info. Loved the pics! You've sure got a big smile on. I figure if I go and bring the right attitude, like you did (i.e. just be psyched to be on the snow at all!), it will be tons of fun!

Thanks again,
-Jessie

joycemocha

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They usually have clinics scheduled on Palmer all the way through the end of August. If you're not sure, call them. Palmer usually doesn't close until September.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I would love to go up there. We have done it several times and enjoyed it. But there's just no second reason and it's a long trip if skiing Mt. Hood is our only purpose.

How far down can you ski now? Do you have to download on Miracle Mile?

OOH I want to ski. :jealous:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga