• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Throwback Thursday: Skiing is for Women Too!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I like this:

Women, in general, learn skiing technique more quickly than men. I’ve found that women more readily understand, as in dancing, the importance of rhythm and harmony, whereas men try to ski with brute force. In class, women are better imitators who listen and learn more than men do. Also, let’s face it men, the girls work harder.

mustski

Angel Diva
A lot still applies but somehow, times have changed ...

"If you have made two successful runs in the afternoon, enjoy your day’s victory before the fireplace instead of trying to squeeze in that third run."

I don't know if the "two run victory" was because of poor lift service, poor grooming, poor equipment, or poor stamina; either way welcome to the future and viva la difference!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A lot still applies but somehow, times have changed ...

"If you have made two successful runs in the afternoon, enjoy your day’s victory before the fireplace instead of trying to squeeze in that third run."

I don't know if the "two run victory" was because of poor lift service, poor grooming, poor equipment, or poor stamina; either way welcome to the future and viva la difference!

Well, I was speaking in general terms ... dress in layers, yes. Wear stretch pants and a heavy sweater, not exactly. ;-)

And don't push it late in the day ... that is still good advice. I don't know exactly what time "lunch" is, or how long the "runs" are (there are runs in Europe that take me 45 min, and I'm not a slow skier), but the principle remains.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga