• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Thoughts on choosing bindings?

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
While I eagerly await the arrival of my new set of Season Kin skis, I have moved on to contemplating bindings. Who's up for some gear musing?

Skis are 175 cm, 97 mm underfoot, all mountain twin tips. Not that I am not looking to take up freestyle trick skiing on them, they're just super fun and playful skis! Lol. My din is like 6.5-7, 25.5 mondo in boots.

I have Marker Squire 11s in 90 mm brake width on my Ripsticks and am happy with them. (Prefer them greatly to the Atomic bindings on my old skis.) So I could just go with the same thing in 100 mm on the Kins. Though looking on evo, one color of the Marker Griffon 13 is on sale for less than the Squire 11s. Anyone skied both and have any thoughts on whether they ski the same, feel-wise?

Finally, I also am considering getting them mounted with a demo binding. Then my husband could also play around on them a bit, easier to resell if I ever decide to, etc. Are there reasons that would be a bad idea though? (Weight is probably one!)

Verve

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Demo bindings have improved a lot! Weight difference isn’t huge these days for the equivalent retail binding. The demo version of the squire could work if it accommodates your husband’s din. The only rap on Griffon bindings is they can be harder to step into for really light weight skiers.

Amie H

Angel Diva
This might sound goofy, but my skis with demo bindings are the ones I feel I have the most "control" over, despite being slightly further removed from the actual ski. I thought about passing them along to my daughter but I like them too much.

Your multi-use and resale idea is a smart thought. I mean, right there you are adding value.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
The only rap on Griffon bindings is they can be harder to step into for really light weight skiers.
Being light weight is definitely not a problem I have. :rotf: Am thinking I may go in the demo direction for the versatility and resale value. Off to call my local shop to check that they stock and will sell me the Marker demo bindings ...

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Griffons are heavier than the Squire and both have about 4-5mm difference between toe and heel, the Squire and Griffon demos are of course heavier, and have a negative delta of -1 the toe is higher than heel. If you are sensitive to Delta check what you are buying to see if it compares to the 4-5mm difference that you are used to from the Squire.

I ski Squires exclusively and put the demo Squire on my 97 ski as an easy way to get a negative delta. It's definitely a weight penalty that my knees don't like on the lift. And I think that skis are a little less lively if thats possible..... looking to get all my skis shimmed on the toes now. FWIW I have small BSL and I only get 2 settings to play with the demo binding b/c of the distance on the track. On those skis the way they ended up I only get at the recommended line and +1. Which sucks b/c I can't really play around. At 25.5 mondo you may only get 3 clicks back or forward, but your husband would be able to use the ski.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga