• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

This or That Game

I've never done it but I'd pick climbing.

Trying a new winter activity. Ski biking or snow shoeing.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snow shoeing. I've been meaning to give it try.

Ice skating or hanging by the firepit?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hanging by the fire, cradling a warm adult beverage.

Margaritas: salt or no salt?

Margarita with Salt

Challenging black run or a fun blue cruiser

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Oooohh!!! That's a hard one, mustski...

Ok, since I can ski at home and walking at resorts is a challenge for me, I'll say one ski in/ski out vacation.

Resort where green, blue and black slopes are largely clumped together, or areas of mixed challenges where you can challenge yourself one run and then step back a little the next?

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll go with the former.

I like the clumped together setup when there are more difficult runs on the border of an easier area. Having a bunch of easier runs together lets me get comfortable trying things out at a new area.

Ski season starting early or ski season ending late?

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Season starting early; The best skiing in NC is before the holidays and the ice made by the traffic then.

If you were designing your own ski mountain, where would you put the lodge? parking & lodge at the top, parking and lodge at the bottom or lodge mid mountain accessed by lift (like June Mountain near Mammoth)

marzNC

Angel Diva
lodge at the bottom - based on not liking the drive up to Wintergreen or Snowshoe

Snow on the ground at Thanksgiving or not until Christmas?

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanksgiving snow.

My answer to early start or late end would have been that I prefer the late end (I love spring skiing), but if I have the option of early snow without a tradeoff, I'll always take it. Speaking of which, we got our first snow here yesterday :smile: Hills aren't open yet, though.

Halloween- costume or no?

Mashed sweet potato

Corn or bread stuffing?

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Not! I could hardly use my computer today!

Decorated Christmas cookies or Toffee Bars?

(@brenda kelley : How far are you from Huntsville? They've a ski club in the Crescent Ski Council where I'm a member and with whom I ski and travel...)

brenda kelley

Certified Ski Diva
Not! I could hardly use my computer today!

Decorated Christmas cookies or Toffee Bars?

(@brenda kelley : How far are you from Huntsville? They've a ski club in the Crescent Ski Council where I'm a member and with whom I ski and travel...)

I live in Phenix City Alabama on the state line (40 miles from Auburn). I am a current member of the Charlotte (Cresecent) Club but have looked at joining Huntsville in the future to travel with you guys. Are you going to Steamboat this weekend? I am. If you are, would love to meet and say hi. My second year and I am excited. Last year was awesome.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I live in Phenix City Alabama on the state line (40 miles from Auburn). I am a current member of the Charlotte (Cresecent) Club but have looked at joining Huntsville in the future to travel with you guys. Are you going to Steamboat this weekend? I am. If you are, would love to meet and say hi. My second year and I am excited. Last year was awesome.
Steamboat: Yes! C101, 4th bus from Denver...Spartanburg Club

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna