• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

This is pretty nuts

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Not sure I would call it exactly "great" as overall the season was pretty average but with a bunch of epic days. I think at least in this part of Swiss Alps the main issue was that snowfall wasn't too frequent and snow mostly arrived in a few massive dumps say every 3 weeks or so. Big dumps meant that whatever didn't slide got skied out very quickly. Sometimes 10 days after the snowfall it looked like it hadn't snowed for weeks. I would rather have smaller dumps of snow but weekly - snow sticks better like that.
I was getting snow alerts constantly from Chamonix….. Verbier isn't that far, is it?

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, we generally have the same weather, if it's snowing in Chamonix it's snowing in Verbier and the other way around. But system-generated powder alerts are based on prediction and not on actual snowfall, so just because you get an alert doesn't guarantee a powder day, or it can only couple inches on the ground. As I said we had plenty powder days this season, I think I totalled about 15 - even a "weekend warrior", a friend who was ski-bumming got around 25, but this snow just didn't stick around and a week after a dump things quickly went back to the way they had been before the snow. Similar situation was last season, though for an different reason - strong wind from the South which didn't stop from December till April and was responsible for eroding the snow.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna