• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The skate ski thread

geargrrl

Angel Diva
and this thread has inspired me to finally go crust cruising tomorrow after 20 years of encouraging my guests to try it. I never want to get up early on my rare winter season days off. Thank you all!

And how was it.... that looks like so much fun!!! No crust to cruise on where I am; all the snow is on the mountain.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And how was it.... that looks like so much fun!!! No crust to cruise on where I am; all the snow is on the mountain.
Will have to likely wait one more year. Hubby thought it seemed to cold. Bummed. Heard it was epic from a friend. Blue skies, Teton in the background.... Some... Day....

newboots

Angel Diva
You can tell it's been too many decades since I have skied Nordic. I looked at those beautiful pictures and it reminded me of the Olympics!

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really enjoy skate skiing and raced through college... @geargrrl glad to hear you are feeling great progress with it this year! It is fun when you start to have the breakthroughs! @ling one thing that is awesome about balance work is you can improve it without your skis! One footed standing and eyes closed standing and eyes closed one footed standing and all sorts of one leg movements will help and can be done nearly anywhere. @liquidfeet made an awesome post about learning to feel the parts of your body while running that was awesome! I’ll try to find it.

ETA: here it is https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/getting-fit-for-ski-season.25057/post-416667

ling

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry. I’m long passed the stage of “working” to improve my skiing when not on snow.

Skiing is now a recreation (well, always been only a recreation) for me. I’ll do drills on snow if the condition isn’t great for going the distance. I would even take a lesson from time to time. But dry land “work” on building ski specific training, be it strength or balance or even fitness, really kills the anticipation for skiing fun.

No disrespect for divas who takes it seriously. But skiing is really just a diversion in my “off season” from cycling.

Christy

Angel Diva
Is classic skiing considered old fashioned? I've now had 2 weekends in the Methow and there are very few of us in the tracks compared to the number of people skating.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where we usually go (Snow Mountain Ranch in Grand County CO) I would say we usually see slightly more than half of people classic skiing. I think we’re going up Saturday. Most of the Nordic areas here close mid-late March so every time we go it could be the last time for the season.

We were in Crested Butte last weekend and I LOVE their Nordic trail system. Love love love.

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I started skate skiing with a series of lessons in...2009(?), I think, when I lived in Rossland, and then kept it up living in Kimberley. The amount I get out tapered off drastically living in Elkford (where I had to drive an hour to get to regularly-groomed trails) but now that I'm in Sparwood and their grooming is now regular, I am getting out more often again. I was definitely better 10 years ago!! Definitely time for some lessons again next year...though having to drive to Fernie is a bit of a disincentive (yah, whining about driving 30 minutes, I know).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga