• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The "me with my cool new toy" thread

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll go first - just got these demo powder boards from powder7. I set my alarm an hour early so that I could get to Golden before work and pick them up.

I won't be skiing during the current storm and it looks like it's supposed to dry up after that, so I don't know when I'll be able to ski them. 125mm wide and 176cm long - oh my!

bQpSYI6.jpg

Congrats on the skis @bounceswoosh I bet you can't stop looking at them. Still loving those mittens @altagirl glad you got to try em out............ and they lived up to your hopes :smile:

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I dont have a picture yet, but my FI got me a Go Pro Hero 4+ for Christmas with all of the toys! I guess I talked about wanting one a lot at horse trials this summer and when we went to the Great Barrier Reef this fall (and probably a million other times). He got me the helmet set up for skiing and for riding my horse and then a few other things. Im super excited I just need to figure out how to work it.

He totally suprised me because when I mentioned wanting one for our trip to CO and then at horse shows, he told me I could just use our waterproof camera for that stuff since it takes video.

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
no pics but my boyfriend and I aren't doing proper presents this year, we've booked flights to Munich and are going skiing for a week then a few days in Munich to catch up with friends. the snow in Europe is not good at all this year, WePowder is tentatively forecasting snow for the new year so fingers crossed for that. I just got new carvers though so even if it doens't dump I'll have fun on piste with lots of hot chocolate stops.

snow cat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No pics yet since the skis are in the shop at the moment getting mounted (Blizzard VIVA 8.0). And I still have a new powder ski I got last season which I only got to try once at the end of the season so I'm excited to ski it some more this season!

Love the new toy pics. I clearly need to work on DH in the ski department. What a nice present that would be. @mustski can't wait to see those Volkls

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Im excited. I have been watching them for a while so I could have a ski for icy days, but never pulled the trigger. He must have told his parents I really wanted them :smile:

Now we just need snow!

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The only saving grace is that if it stays warm, I can wear mine while riding my horse cross country! But I did get new skis, new slip on winter boots and ski socks all that are sitting waiting for winter.

No DH didn't buy me a new pair of skis. I don't think that'll ever happen because I am particular so I'd have to literally tell him which pair/size, etc.

What he did get me was a 3 terabyte external hard drive, some awesome sounding bluetooth headphones for my desk at work and the best gift of all

https://www.gogglegrip.com/snow/

They will be here by thursday just in time to head to Vermont.

It's the little things that make me happy, mainly electronic things.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No DH didn't buy me a new pair of skis. I don't think that'll ever happen because I am particular so I'd have to literally tell him which pair/size, etc.

Well, yeah, that's how our Christmas worked ..

DH to me: "Hey, powder7 has JJ 2.0s in 185 with demo bindings - please buy them for me."
Me to DH: "Cool, also I'm ordering last season's La Ninas from Ski Essentials plus a pair of bindings. Thanks!"

We are clearly ultra romantic.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga