• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Edge of Never - The Movie!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Many of you have read the book or my review of it HERE. There was more discussion of the movie HERE.

Tonight I was fortunate enough to see the movie! It was everything I'd hoped with great mountain shots, incredible skiing and an endearing storyline.

Bill Kerig brings to life the story of Kye Peterson who is taken back to Chamonix to ski the Glacier Rond where his father died in a solo skiing accident. More than Kye's story though it is the story of the heart of the tribe of big mountain skiers featuring the big names of Glen Plake, Stephane "Fan Fan" Dan, Anselme Baud, Mike Hattrup, Kasha Rigby with a cameo by Doug Coombs.

The movie has you rooting for Kye, hanging on every word out of Anselme's mouth, laughing at the antics of Glen Plake and itching for every turn and even tearing up for a moment or two. And then you get to see the scenery of Chamonix!

If you get the chance to see this, definitely do! Rumour straight out of the mouth of one of the employees of the organization is that a second, winter time, tour is likely! And if you don't get to catch it on the big screen come see me 'cause I bought the DVD. :eyebrows:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Robyn, so glad you got to see this. I've heard from Bob Barnes that he went to it and was in awe at what was accomplished in this movie with Bill Kerig's vision.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm reading the book now so I'm psyched to see the movie! So glad to hear you enjoyed it.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhhhh you got the DVD already???? Who else is seeing this on tour and wants to buy me a copy and ship it to me, in exchange for cash and my undying gratitude? :smile:

Glad to hear you loved it! I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ack, Rachel, I wish I'd known! I so would have picked one up for you! I am, however, going to be selfish and keep the copy I bought for myself. :p

Jilly

Staff member
Ahhhhh you got the DVD already???? Who else is seeing this on tour and wants to buy me a copy and ship it to me, in exchange for cash and my undying gratitude?

Me too!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
And me!

I'm thinking they'll eventually be selling it on their web site. Anyone have any insight on this?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm guessing they will. I'm also guessing if they got a really sweet email or two they might just sell them now or soon...

Jilly

Staff member
There is a google ad for the movie that will appear time to time.

DVD is only $30 US.

Canucks - they won't ship to Canada!! :(

Jilly

Staff member
Woohoo - they are shipping to Canada. Just clicked on that paypal button and hopefully it'll be here before our Thanksgiving!! Your $30 DVD just became $ 47.00 Cdn with all the shipping, handling and exchange!!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Oooooh yay, I didn't know it was for sale yet!!! On the Facebook page I thought they said that the DVD would go on sale December 1. I'm ordering one now!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
It just arrived!!! That was super fast. Now I'm bummed that I have a date tonight because all I want to do is go home and watch this.

Jilly

Staff member
Border must be slowing mine down. Maybe we'll be able to view it at the same time!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It just arrived!!! That was super fast. Now I'm bummed that I have a date tonight because all I want to do is go home and watch this.
Did you see on the facebook page that Hattrup will be appearing at the Seattle showing tomorrow night?

I'm sooooo jealous!!!
Seattle Divas you better go see this. Hattrup rarely makes appearances like this!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Divas, keep your eyes out at the show for TheSkiDiva.com logo! There's supposed to be a PowerPoint presentation at the beginning of the screening (I think), and our logo should be appearing as a sponsor. Not completely sure about this; I hear they've been having some problems with that part of the program. If anyone sees it, please let me know whether or not we're included!

Jilly

Staff member
My DVD arrived at noon.

So RachelV - are we virtually watching this together tonight?? It's the first night of hockey in our house, but we do have 2 TV's and 2 DVD players! I mean what is more important!!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
My DVD arrived at noon.

So RachelV - are we virtually watching this together tonight?? It's the first night of hockey in our house, but we do have 2 TV's and 2 DVD players! I mean what is more important!!

Heh, I watched maybe half of it last night and then fell asleep on the couch. :smile: I am doing this night kayaking thing tonight so I don't think I'll be able to finish it until tomorrow. :(

It's really good, and the scenery is incredible. Very refreshing to watch a ski movie with an actual story and people that you actually know something about.

My only criticism is that, even though I think it's a great story, in both the movie and the book I just feel like it could have been told a little better. I guess I just thought the whole "I wanted to make a ski movie and so I called Glen Plake and we cooked this idea up" angle comes across a little weird.

Ski-dreamer_Diva

<span style="color:#F89F07";">Angel Diva</span><br
My copy is on it's way - all the way to Australia - The book only took a week to arrive - so I hope the DVD will be about the same.

I'll have to take it to my friends place and watch on their large screen TV - I've only a baby size one!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna