• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The best ski locks?

Cascadia

Certified Ski Diva
We use a motorcycle helmet lock. It has a little thicker cable than the usual ratchet locks you find in the ski stores and still fits in a pocket. The locking mechanism is a carabiner that locks with a spiral cable. Wraps up around BFs snowboard bindings and can get around my skis and the rack (depending on the rack configuration they’re all random custom welded numbers out here none of those fancy pin locking racks that I always read about). Looks a bit like this: https://www.amazon.com/Combination-...085456&sr=8-7&keywords=Motorcycle+helmet+lock

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Thanks for all your thoughtful responses.

I am a person who loves to do research. .. to a point. When I really need something, like this lock, it helps to get advice.

So.. . I have 2 locks . If one is good, two are better. No, I don't intend to use them at the same time. One is a standard coiled lock which we've been using for years to lock up our bikes.

The second one is new. It's a
FJM Security SX-776 Cable Lock Alarm with Piercing 120 Decibel Siren. It's a retractable lock which uses a 4 digit combination and allows you to arm it to emit a pretty loud shrieking alarm if it is tampered with. Yes, it may be set off accidentally by wind or if it is bumped, so I'll have to see how it goes. The alarm resets and rearms after 45 seconds. If I touched a pair of skis and they started to shriek at me, I would certainly move on to steal a different pair. Normally there are a lot of people around a base lodge and I doubt that anyone will succeed in taking them without attracting a whole lot of unwanted attention.

I got the Renouns today and I'm excited. Can't wait to get them mounted and ski them next week at Keystone.

marzNC

Angel Diva

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
There will be a Diva raffle for one when it's ready for market, right? :smile:
Alas. At this time, it is marketed only to snowboard companies, and it's integral to the construction.

I have no idea what the marketing/sales plan is for this product, as there are others "in the kiln," so to speak.

Should it get marketed to ski companies, you'll be the first to know! :wink:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Alas. At this time, it is marketed only to snowboard companies, and it's integral to the construction.

I have no idea what the marketing/sales plan is for this product, as there are others "in the kiln," so to speak.

Should it get marketed to ski companies, you'll be the first to know! :wink:
Sounds good. Although there are also Divas who own snowboards. Around the Mid-Altantic, boards are stolen more often than skis.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga