• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Telluride anyone??

skijo

Diva in Training
Hi Ladies,
I am heading to Telluride in a couple of weeks and would love it if I could get some advice before the trip. I am wondering if you could recommend a ski instructor, boot fitter/good gear shop, and super romantic restaurant in either Telluride or Mountain Village?
I am just returning to the slopes after a severe injury last season. I shattered my tib/fib while skiing on our home mountain in Arizona (yes, we ski in Arizona :smile:. I have a IM rod and screws only in the knee as I had my ankle screws removed 2 weeks ago. I skiied for the first time a few days ago and was amazed that my broken leg held together! I am no longer the blue/black skiier of my past but am ready to start completely over and do what I can do with my new bionic leg. I would like to take some lessons from an instructor who is compassionate and patient with me as I have this 15 year veteran agressive skiier hidden deep inside my new scared and panic stricken body!
I could also use some new gear. My old boots are just too hard against my broken tibia and I need boots with a bit more padding. A good gear shop recommendation would be very welcome.
Finally, I ruined our trip to Telluride last year with my injury 2 days before we were supposed to leave for Colorado. The hotel was super kind and allowed us to "make up" the trip even though it was clearly stated that our reservation was non-refundable...kudos to the Mountain Lodge in Mountain Village for giving us a 2nd chance!!! I would like to treat my very patient hubby to a great dinner and would love a recommendation for the kind of meal that will put a smile on his face! Thanks so much!!! JoAnna

jaelni

Certified Ski Diva
Annie Savath is a great instructor at Telluride.She was director of the ski school at Telluride. She will sort you out in no time.
Paragon sports is good for bootfitting etc.
Telluirde is a beautiful place and the skiing is fantastic.

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, you've come to the right place looking for a recommendation on a special place to take him. I'm a chef working in Telluride.

My first recommendation would be the Cosmopolitan. Fantastic food, great wine list, and attentive staff. When you call for a reservation, ask for a table on the "patio". It's a small room with lots of windows and feels very private. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny.

For personal reasons I'm not a big fan of Paragon, but if you go there ask for Mark Simpson as your boot fitter. He's a lanky Kiwi, and does a very nice job.

I've had a variety of instructors on the mountain...some good, some so-so. It's a style thing...you'll know right away if there good for you. You'll probably want to stick to Chair 5 and Prospect Bowl in the beginning, and Sundance (off Chair 10) is one of my favorite blues on the mountain...long, wide and almost always empty.

I warn you though...like the rest of Colorado, we desperately need snow right now. Even my ski instructor friends aren't doing much recreational skiing these days.

Where the heck is Ullr?

skivino

Diva in Training
Telluride

I ate at the Cosmopolitan 5 years ago, the first time I was in Telluride. It was fantastic, glad to hear it's still there.
On another note I'm going out there again the 1st week of April (last week of skiing there - so hopefully the snow will have come then>) and I'm looking for any recommendations on discount lift tickets. It'll be myself, husband and 2 daughters, as well as 2 other couples and their one child each. We've rented a condo in Montana something right by lift 1. We also want to do the majority of shopping in Montrose, any idea if the beer selection there is good? We're all Belgian beer lovers.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga