• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tecnica Mach1 105 MW

Aspenaut

Certified Ski Diva
I just got these boots... Had to replace my head dream boots which had gotten packed out and my feet were sloshing around.

Wow! Love them! I've got thin ankles, biggish calves and wide feet so it's difficult to find boots that fit. (Lange too narrow, dalbello too wide...) These are great! So comfortable, no rubbing issues on my funny bones, no shin bang, super responsive and versatile. They allow me to do upright slow skiing when with intermediates or crank them down for more aggressive skiing. good heel grip, so far seem warm (though haven't yet tested them in cold snowstorm weather). I'm a very happy skier!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
@Aspenaut
I recently purchased the Mach 1 105 LV, and love the fit. Congrats !
Still loving your Mach1 105 LV? I tried on the 95 in this boot and really liked the fit but felt like I was over-flexing which was surprising. Going to try the 105.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@lisamamot yes I do ! However, I have the previous generation. The boot you are trying on was upgraded last year to have a little bit more upright stance, and an additional way of increasing the cuff. So I can’t really compare apples to apples. I knew they were marking changes in the boots, but I am actually happy to have the previous generation I don’t need to do anything to the cuff and it seemed to add an extra plastic where I dind’t need it. I’m in the 105. Somtimes I think I should have bought the stiffest (next model up). Then I bought the Scarpa Gea in the 100 for touring last year. Sometimes I think I should have gotten the stiffer Gea RS. BUT after spending time in both boots, the Gea has given me the opportunity to ski a little softer boot and to feel different things. I have learned a lot from the differences in both boots. I also think there may be a difference in the liner as @contestant noted in her post on the other thread. Are you demoing? Or just in shop? I do love this boot, it is a great fit for me.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
@lisamamot yes I do ! However, I have the previous generation. The boot you are trying on was upgraded last year to have a little bit more upright stance, and an additional way of increasing the cuff. So I can’t really compare apples to apples. I knew they were marking changes in the boots, but I am actually happy to have the previous generation I don’t need to do anything to the cuff and it seemed to add an extra plastic where I dind’t need it. I’m in the 105. Somtimes I think I should have bought the stiffest (next model up). Then I bought the Scarpa Gea in the 100 for touring last year. Sometimes I think I should have gotten the stiffer Gea RS. BUT after spending time in both boots, the Gea has given me the opportunity to ski a little softer boot and to feel different things. I have learned a lot from the differences in both boots. I also think there may be a difference in the liner as @contestant noted in her post on the other thread. Are you demoing? Or just in shop? I do love this boot, it is a great fit for me.
Is demoing boots a thing? I have never seen that in New England. I was trying on boots I had researched that I thought might be a good fit for me. I am just poking around right now - I tried the Tecnica Mach1 95 LV and liked it a lot but couldn’t find the 105 around here; I just ordered it in from online to see if that flex works better.

My Lange XT 90 are only 4 years old but while they have been so comfortable I am not loving the low cuff and they seem to loosen up too much over the ski day; I am ratcheting buckles to lock in my foot and secure the flex. My foot is on the narrow side of medium and I can go narrower than the 100mm I am in now. Plus I am tall (5’9”) with thin calves so I don’t need a low cuff.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Demoing boots is a thing! @lisamamot - you pay for a demo and try different boots that you have been shell fit for - several shops do it in mammoth, then the price of the demo is deducted from your purchase.
Add your custom foot beds, and then usually 1-2 years of free tweaks - grinds, punch etc. This really helped DD transition from a more freestyle boot to a traditional 4 buckle. She also skied the Mach 1 but after watching her ski in the atomic hawk we both knew it was the boot for her.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Demoing boots is a thing! @lisamamot - you pay for a demo and try different boots that you have been shell fit for - several shops do it in mammoth, then the price of the demo is deducted from your purchase.
Add your custom foot beds, and then usually 1-2 years of free tweaks - grinds, punch etc. This really helped DD transition from a more freestyle boot to a traditional 4 buckle. She also skied the Mach 1 but after watching her ski in the atomic hawk we both knew it was the boot for her.
Wow, as far as I know that is so not a thing in New England. How cool!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually,,,, I have noticed on Wachusett's website that they have boot demos. Also, after a 3 day beginner lesson package, you can buy a half price 3-peat ticket, and get 2 free days of rentals and a half price day of demos. Logic being I suppose that if the new skier gets to demo a full set up, they get to see how much better the boots are than the rental ones. And then they might just start their shopping at Mountainside.

Price for boot demo only is $15, but with the disclaimer that there is a fee if they need to adjust your bindings. Or get a full ski and boot demo for $51 and they of course take care of all of the adjustments. If you're not a rank beginner, a much better bet than the standard rental for $40.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
@MissySki , right? I have a hard enough time just finding a performance boot I want to try in stock in any shop. I just checked and the boot I am interested in (Tecnica Mach1 105 LV) is not in stock in any store in MA, NH or RI, lol. They can special order it but then I own it; on top of that Tecnica only has a couple left in stock! I love Backcountry online.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I actually demoed (free) my older Technica Inferno Crush boots as well as a couple others... brand new out of the box. This was at Heavenly.
I probably after 150+ days on them so of course interested in the Tecnica mach 1 (either 95 or 105).....

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I actually demoed (free) my older Technica Inferno Crush boots as well as a couple others... brand new out of the box. This was at Heavenly.
I probably after 150+ days on them so of course interested in the Tecnica mach 1 (either 95 or 105).....
I tried the Tecnica Mach1 95 LV on the other day and loved it but was surprised how the flex felt softer than expected - I had it on one foot and my Lange XT 90 on the other and I actually thought the Tecnica felt softer. I want to try the 105 to make sure but it has turned out way more complicated than I expected!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I tried the Tecnica Mach1 95 LV on the other day and loved it but was surprised how the flex felt softer than expected - I had it on one foot and my Lange XT 90 on the other and I actually thought the Tecnica felt softer. I want to try the 105 to make sure but it has turned out way more complicated than I expected!
Yeah.... think at my weight maybe the 95 but one never know until tried on. Also have intuition liners in my current boots...

Sparky

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier when you come to Mammoth, you can try mine if you want, I know we’re the same size. Only wore them one season but decided to go back to the Salomon Xmax. I think your Crush may be 110 though, I remember that because I went with the Fling at the time because it was shorter and I think softer at 90. I miss those boots...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier when you come to Mammoth, you can try mine if you want, I know we’re the same size. Only wore them one season but decided to go back to the Salomon Xmax. I think your Crush may be 110 though, I remember that because I went with the Fling at the time because it was shorter and I think softer at 90. I miss those boots...
Well I had some work on mine to make them a bit softer flex...... didn't realize we are the same size but I do have awesome intuition liners in mine....
Now hear Northstar has 36 runs open and I'm jonesing to go... think on the 16th.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Technica-mach1-LV in an 85 flex. What surprised me about this boot is how performance oriented they are even in the softer flex. I can also get them on over my bony foot which has been an issue in other 4 buckle boots.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga