• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tech-friendly gloves

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw these on the "Gadget Wednesday" segment on 9News today. They are supposed to allow you to scroll, touch, etc. on your iPhone or other touch-screen device. Worth the money?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Actually, $17.99 isn't too bad? I've found in the last few seasons that we (and many others) do a lot more texting to hook up with others than actual calling, so....:noidea: If anyone indulges, post feedback.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd be all about it if it works. I HATE that I can't answer the phone with gloves on. :mad2:

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I want to answer my iPhone with gloves on, I put the tip of my nose on the slider and move the iphone to the left. Works every time.

Texting? Not so much.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I want to answer my iPhone with gloves on, I put the tip of my nose on the slider and move the iphone to the left. Works every time.

Texting? Not so much.

Ha, that's fabulous, might need to try that this year!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw these on the "Gadget Wednesday" segment on 9News today. They are supposed to allow you to scroll, touch, etc. on your iPhone or other touch-screen device. Worth the money?

I wear thin liners inside my mittens. The material at the tip of the index finger wore through. So now I can text with my liners ... through the hole =P

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Def let us know how they look, work, and feel!!!

Suds

Diva in Training
@ telluride ski babe: please let us know how you like them and if they keep you warm.

@2ski2moro: Love that idea, will be stealing your technique :laugh:

LadyLes

Certified Ski Diva
I tried these on at the Denver ski show over the weekend. They're comfy and they work, I'm just not sure how warm they'll be. But they'd be great liners while skiing! I'll probably buy a few pairs for family members that don't live in Colorado and probably some for myself. At the very least, I'll use them as liners if they're not warm enough for everyday winter gloves. We'll see!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The North Face also makes a liner style glove that does this. I tested them yesterday and they worked great.

Delawhere

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not sure if they look warm enough for skiing but for $21 (including shipping) I ordered a pair for when I inline skate. Like @2ski2moro I'm tired of using the tip of nose to answer my phone!

I'll let you know how they work and if they are warm.

Delawhere

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So.... I'm wondering if any of the divas who have bought the gloves can give feedback?

Sorry about not posting my review. It took a while (a month) to get my gloves BUT IT WAS NOT AGLOVE'S FAULT. Just wanted to clarify that. Judging from the postmark, they mailed the gloves the next business day. The post office took a month to deliver it and then they delivered it with the second set of gloves that the company sent out because I hadn't received the first pair. I returned the second pair. As far as I am concerned, the service from the company was fine.

About the gloves themselves. Yes, they work well on my touchscreen iPod and Droid phone! They work as promised. If I wore gloves, I would wear them daily for around town use during the winter because they are so convenient for using electronics.

I don't see them being useful for skiing because I don't think knit gloves are practical for skiing. I don't think knit is strong enough or warm enough for skiing. They would be perfect for someone commuting on public transportation or doing a lot of walking or running. They aren't quite as slippery as most knit gloves so they are fine for driving.

My problem, and I understand that it is only applicable to me, is that I was hoping that they would work for when I inline skate outdoors. I have two complaints. Knit gloves cling to the velcro on my wrist guards and the knit isn't warm enough to skate outside during single digit wind chill temps. I have a thin pair of windproof gloves that I wear until single digit temps. I switch to hiking when the wind chill gets to single digits but I find that knit gloves aren't comfortable for skating in the high teen to low twenty wind chills. Mostly it's the knit sticking to the velcro that keeps me from using knit gloves even if the weather is a little warmer.

I think I ordered the medium/large and they fit my hand fine. The sizing is consistent with the sizing of most gloves.

Yes, I know that they are advertised as knit gloves. :smile: I am not complaining about the gloves. I think they work well and are reasonably priced, appear to be of reasonable quality and the company has good service. They are perfect for every day, around town use but not for skiing.

I'd love to see ski gloves with a little spot of conductive material on the inside of the index fingers that would allow us to swipe and poke the screen. I don't need to use eight or ten finger typing. Now that I think about it, the tips of the fingers of these gloves may be a little too bulky to accurately text a lot. I just want to be able to swipe and press buttons. I just want to answer the phone or change to another song without having to use my nose! :smile:

Hope this helps.

Marti

mwendell

Certified Ski Diva
I'd love to see ski gloves with a little spot of conductive material on the inside of the index fingers that would allow us to swipe and poke the screen.

Bingo! After reading the thread and googling online yesterday, I found just the thing:
https://www.180s.com/tectouchgloves/

They make a range of gloves for men, women, and unisex, and they have just what you are describing :smile: A little "knob" of material on the index finger (and it appears on the thumb as well - for ipod use).

MW

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga