• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

$#*t Skier Girls Say, Backcountry Edition

newboots

Angel Diva
I'll admit to:

"I'm so hot"
"It's so cold"

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hot, cold, gear everywhere, skins stuck, have to pee behind the car, faceplanting with my heels free, can't get my toes into my bindings...yes. Pretty much everything except the snacks...

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Forgetfulness, check. Multiple trips, check. Gear on in the wrong order, check. Temperature regulation issues, check. Hair (when I have longer hair, check. Excessive food orientation and snack packing, check.

There used to be a mountain biking club in Boulder called Singletrack Sistahs. Their motto was, "If you can't giggle or gab, you're riding too hard." I have a love/hate relationship with that tagline. On the one hand, there's nothing wrong with going hard. On the other hand, I do think riding/skiing with women can have a very different feel, and skiing with women is just a lot of fun. We have more fun. Look how many photos you see of female athletes in tutus or whatever ridiculous get-up or giggling or whatever. How often do you see silly photos of male athletes? Maybe this is one area where the culture's molding of women got it right.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Forgetfulness, check. Multiple trips, check. Gear on in the wrong order, check. Temperature regulation issues, check. Hair (when I have longer hair, check. Excessive food orientation and snack packing, check.

There used to be a mountain biking club in Boulder called Singletrack Sistahs. Their motto was, "If you can't giggle or gab, you're riding too hard." I have a love/hate relationship with that tagline. On the one hand, there's nothing wrong with going hard. On the other hand, I do think riding/skiing with women can have a very different feel, and skiing with women is just a lot of fun. We have more fun. Look how many photos you see of female athletes in tutus or whatever ridiculous get-up or giggling or whatever. How often do you see silly photos of male athletes? Maybe this is one area where the culture's molding of women got it right.

.... or maybe we are just more fun.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG ... the Ski Diva herself, after meeting me one day when I had to go back for my boot/gear bag, has asked me in the parking lot IF I remembered everything this time!!! LOL - thanks, Mom! (and it's a good idea to ask each time you see me!) :becky:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
OMG ... the Ski Diva herself, after meeting me one day when I had to go back for my boot/gear bag, has asked me in the parking lot IF I remembered everything this time!!! LOL - thanks, Mom! (and it's a good idea to ask each time you see me!) :becky:

I could use someone to ask me the same thing. :smile:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna