• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stowe 3/27

RhodySkier

Certified Ski Diva
I had an awesome ski day at Stowe on Sunday. Given the resurgence of winter and fresh snow, DH and I couldn't resist a last minute trip this weekend. We hit the slopes early on Sunday. Some of the lifts were on wind hold and it was COLD. But...as soon as my boots touched the snow and I heard the squeak, I knew it was going to be an epic day of skiing. The snow was awesome packed powder with minimal ice. We skied and skied and skied all day long. I had a perma-grin on my face the entire time. Neither one of us has had that much fun skiing since we were in Colorado last month. That might have been the last day of the season and it was great to end it on such a high note! :thumbsup:

Added bonus: We were in Stowe last year for Easter. It was my first season skiing, temps were in the 80s and I was having a hard time in the slush. DH skied down from the gondola after the Easter sunrise service and I watched him as I rode the gondola down. I thought to myself, one year I want to be good enough that I can ski down from the gondola, too. Well, it wasn't Easter weekend, but DH and I did ski down from the gondola together and had a blast. It was great to see how far I've progressed this season.

Thanks, Divas, for letting me share. And if you have the chance to go skiing this week, the conditions are a-maz-ing!:drool:

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Added bonus: We were in Stowe last year for Easter. It was my first season skiing, temps were in the 80s and I was having a hard time in the slush. DH skied down from the gondola after the Easter sunrise service and I watched him as I rode the gondola down. I thought to myself, one year I want to be good enough that I can ski down from the gondola, too. Well, it wasn't Easter weekend, but DH and I did ski down from the gondola together and had a blast. It was great to see how far I've progressed this season.

Last year was the first time I was able to ski with DH and DS, and this year I was able to ski with them all day (they are both double black diamond skiers, I'm just getting to black). I completely agree with you, it's such fun to be able to ski together on something other than the crowded beginner slopes on a big mountain! On our 2nd Utah trip this year, I never even got on the beginner chair. :thumbsup: I even got to lead a few times!

Sounds like it was a great day - thanks for filling us in! I'd love to ski Stowe someday, make a whole week of it and do some XC too.

RhodySkier

Certified Ski Diva
gardenmary, I love skiing Stowe. It truly is a magical place! I think the Front Four just might be calling your name...:eyebrows:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga