• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stockli Nela 88 in NZ !!!

Slow Sarah

Angel Diva
This is my first time posting here and I hope it is valuable! For reference I ski in the U.S. Pacific Northwest.
I purchased a pair of demo 2022 Nela 80s last year. There was an inch wide chip on the top-sheet edge but to me it didn’t seem like a large problem given I could try these out for 1/2 the price of new ones.
My daughter skied on them about five times but now they have chips all down the sides and front tip. She does like to bang and scrape skis together on the lift to get snow off which I expect is largely the problem though she likes to point out that this was not a problem with her previous 10 year old Rossignol Passions. (Make what you will of that! :smile:)
I now have them back and I have had most of the chips filled with epoxy and I really enjoy skiing on them: I feel pretty confident, especially when I ski faster over crunchy bumpy stuff. I like to think they are also easier to turn and lift as well.
It looks like the top sheet would be the same so I thought I would post my experience in case you are really on the fence. I still look forward to a new pair in a year or two so I can compare the integrity of the top sheet of the new ones to these. It is likely that these started out compromised and the banging and scraping made the problem worse.
Good luck shopping in any case, I had so much fun shopping and riding on these so far!

Reactions: AJM

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Crikey for that price you'd want the top sheet to be bomb proof !!
Seeing as I've just bought new ski boots which ended up being close to $1100 (NZD) I dont think my husbands in the mood to fork out another $2000 :laughter:

Slow Sarah

Angel Diva
I think ski boots are more important. Mine were around USD 800 and that was with fancy (for me) narrow ones that could accommodate a bigger calf plus a separate liner. Beyond the price it took a couple of visits to get the fit right. Shopping for and fitting boots was way more of a chore than skis.
Whenever I table a big purchase like this I tell myself the technology will only get better the next year!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just had to post as to my knowledge these haven't been available in NZ before but it seems they are about to arrive at Snowride in Christchurch in May ...... so so tempted but yikes the price :eek:
Question is whether they'll offer a demo...I mean I have bought all my other skis without demoing the specific pair purchased, but I also paid under $1000 including bindings. For $2k I definitely want to try first!!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Question is whether they'll offer a demo...I mean I have bought all my other skis without demoing the specific pair purchased, but I also paid under $1000 including bindings. For $2k I definitely want to try first!!
Exactly !! But in saying that I have definately noticed the prices overall have gone up pretty substantially ..... gone are days of $500 boots and $999 ski's :eek:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Exactly !! But in saying that I have definately noticed the prices overall have gone up pretty substantially ..... gone are days of $500 boots and $999 ski's :eek:
I'm thinking about buying skis from the northern hemisphere again...even with shipping it looks like it'll be cheaper!!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm thinking about buying skis from the northern hemisphere again...even with shipping it looks like it'll be cheaper!!
I think I'd be hung drawn and quartered by our local ski shop if I did that :laughter:

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not sure if they're your size, but I believe @VickiK has a pair of these for sale in the Gear Swap section of this site
Yes the lovely @VickiK reached out but as @Jilly mentioned the shipping costs would be exhorbitant. I'm not really looking at buying I'm just happy that they are now available in NZ. I'll be sticking with my trusty Sheevas unless I find them too wide for my now damaged legs/knees then I'll look into something narrower if I need to :smile:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just had to post as to my knowledge these haven't been available in NZ before but it seems they are about to arrive at Snowride in Christchurch in May ...... so so tempted but yikes the price :eek:
The price of Stockli’s is pretty much yikes regardless of your economy! Some of them are spectacular skis.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I'd be hung drawn and quartered by our local ski shop if I did that :laughter:
It's only a problem if they would have been able to bring it in...last year I'm sure they had nothing I wanted in the right lengths.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's only a problem if they would have been able to bring it in...last year I'm sure they had nothing I wanted in the right lengths.
Gnomes are great, they will try their hardest to try and get what you want even if they dont have them instore. So if you find they dont have what you're looking for its always worth asking :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga