• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Spring is here?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Well I've been pleased how well my Kenja's have done here in Utah. I thought I might have to rent some fatties. But alas not enough fatty snow :(
They did fine in the 9 inches we had at Solitude though. We really enjoyed that. And I have to tell you that I really enjoyed Alta the 2 days we skied there. We had some fresh snow and got to ski that big hill traverse thing they don't open much - I don't know what it's called- maybe devils something? I just did the first easy looking part. Cool though.
Sounds like fun! If you went left and up a bit off the Sugarloaf lift, that's Devil's Castle and requires a bit of uphill side stepping before going around to the bowl. If you went right off Collins, that's Ballroom. No side stepping required if drop in before going too far.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Turns out that Massanutten's last day wasn't today after all. Snowed most of the day and temps never got over 32 on the mountain. From the Massanutten snow page as of Sun evening:

"Winter Storm Watch in effect for tonight. We will operate 3 lifts servicing 11 trails for our final day on Monday, March 18th 9am-4:30pm."
Winter is not over in Virginia.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well I've been pleased how well my Kenja's have done here in Utah. I thought I might have to rent some fatties. But alas not enough fatty snow :(
They did fine in the 9 inches we had at Solitude though. We really enjoyed that. And I have to tell you that I really enjoyed Alta the 2 days we skied there. We had some fresh snow and got to ski that big hill traverse thing they don't open much - I don't know what it's called- maybe devils something? I just did the first easy looking part. Cool though.
I forgot all about your trip, and I'm so glad you had good conditions. Did you get any t-shirt skiing in, or did you leave before summer set in?

I had the Geishas out for the first few days I skied this year because they do nicely in cut-up powder, but it's been the Kenjas since then. I do love them. I also love thinking back to my first demo, when I felt like I was on a bucking bronco because I had no idea how to ski them. I may not be a great skier, but I'm better than I was then!

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I forgot all about your trip, and I'm so glad you had good conditions. Did you get any t-shirt skiing in, or did you leave before summer set in?

I had the Geishas out for the first few days I skied this year because they do nicely in cut-up powder, but it's been the Kenjas since then. I do love them. I also love thinking back to my first demo, when I felt like I was on a bucking bronco because I had no idea how to ski them. I may not be a great skier, but I'm better than I was then!
Oh we are still here! We are up at Snowbasin now and yes it has been T-shirt weather until today. Actually yesterday there was a girl in short shorts. But it got cold again today. We had a day off and will ski again tomorrow sadly the forecast snow came to nothing but we had dinner last night with Garden Mary and her son and will ski with them tomorrow afternoon.
Then we are going to ski deer valley 1 day and fly out Wednesday :(
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363581779.886559.jpg
Nzfarmgirl & GardenMary at snowbasin

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds like fun! If you went left and up a bit off the Sugarloaf lift, that's Devil's Castle and requires a bit of uphill side stepping before going around to the bowl. If you went right off Collins, that's Ballroom. No side stepping required if drop in before going too far.
Yes it was off sugarloaf - devils castle ...much fun left me really wheezy from the side stepping etc as I was still jet lagged and not used to the altitude.

This is a funny thread as you've all started to talk about cold and snow again, it was a bit disappointing to get spring conditions here when we were expecting winter, but yesterday was a demo day so I consoled myself by trying lots of skis out :smile:. And we were lucky enough to get 2 falls of snow while in cottonwood so I'm ok with it. I have been practising my carving this week, last week was about bumps and trees, so a good mix. Oh and we went to Moab too , I must to a proper trip report. We will have skied 6 resorts once finished.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd say I'd have met you if I'd remembered you were probably here, but the warm weather must be getting to me because in between lazy sessions at the computer I've been deep-cleaning some parts of the apartment.

I want to read your Moab trip report. Work is such that I'm unlikely to get a trip in before it gets hot down there, so I need to hear how yours went!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd say I'd have met you if I'd remembered you were probably here, but the warm weather must be getting to me because in between lazy sessions at the computer I've been deep-cleaning some parts of the apartment.!

Me, too! I thought this might be the year I get excited about spring skiing, and maybe I will, but this weekend I slept in and then spent all weekend getting stuff done that I've put off during the winter. I am excited to go on my first mountain bike ride tomorrow, and I took the motorcycle for a test spin yesterday. As soon as it gets warm, my interests change completely.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Skied in midwinter conditions yesterday..packed powder, one glade was still open with quite a bit of snow in it. Icy bumps, though! I was kind of hoping for softer conditions but will have to wait till later in the week, maybe??

DH is doing field work in southern CA and it's in the upper 90's there!:eek:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Definitely not spring temps in MT this week. I'm packing all my cold weather gear since the highs are supposed to be in the low 20's at Big Sky. First ski day out west this season is Sat at Targhee!

cleopatra

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh and we went to Moab too , I must to a proper trip report. We will have skied 6 resorts once finished.

there is a ski hill in Moab? or was this a bike/ski trip? We are heading there for biking at the beginning of May :smile:

altagirl

Staff member
there is a ski hill in Moab? or was this a bike/ski trip? We are heading there for biking at the beginning of May :smile:

There is plenty of backcountry skiing in the La Sals (though the snowpack is notoriously unstable), but no ski resort.

SkiMoose

Certified Ski Diva
It seemed cold this weekend in VT at Killington and Okemo as well. My car thermometer said 25 but it had to be colder on the actual mountain--at least it felt much colder--felt more like teens to me. Definitely not "spring conditions" either.

The conditions were fabulous at Killington last weekend. It did get a bit washed last Tues/Wed, but with cold conditions, 4-6" of snow and the snowmachings going around the clock, they were able to recover very well! Sat/Sun were mostly hardpack with a dusting of very fluffy powder. Some of the moguls were too icy to be fun though.

With more snow in the forecast, hopefully, we'll have another month of great skiing!!! :ski2:

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I was so darn cold this weekend -- woke up to 9 degrees on Sunday morning. But, we should have an amazing spring season in the Western Mountains of Maine. They're calling for about 10 to 15 inches through tomorrow night, and a small storm for Thursday. Bring it on! It will warm up soon enough.

Christy

Angel Diva
We got such a good hotel deal on the "last minute deals" portion of Whistler's website--for a really nice dog friendly boutique hotel that has ruined me for staying anyplace else--that we had to go up again this weekend. And the alpine again was soooo lovely. No one was there today!! I didn't share a chair for my first 6 runs. That never happens to me at Whistler, even on weekdays. The snow up high was just dreamy. There's been snow all week and last night there was just a couple new inches--so total hero snow. Boy, it sucked down low though. I don't know why I skied to the bottom rather than downloading mid-mountain.

In Rhapsody Bowl:

215423_10200771285870674_1934450316_n.jpg

From Crystal Hut on Blackcomb looking toward Whistler Mt:

31891_10200775287570714_672560585_n.jpg

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Woohoo! :snow: I LOVE spring!

* LOCATIONS...THE MOUNTAIN AND FOOTHILL REGIONS OF WESTERN AND CENTRAL MAINE...AS WELL AS COOS COUNTY NEW HAMPSHIRE. * HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW. * ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 12 TO 18 INCHES. * TIMING...SNOW WILL BEGIN THIS MORNING AND LAST INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING.

Jilly

Staff member
We got about 3" of heavy wet stuff. Now it's a fine mist. Better than nothing. It'll help the local bump get through this weekend. Longer than they've been open in years!

Tremblant is on wind hold this morning. Still snowing there. DH and bunch of his buds are there, so they are taking the shuttle around to the North side. Don't imagine they will be out long!!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
9" and snowing hard.. YEAH This is like the March we 'were' used to.. More skiing for sure in the East.. Stay safe if you have to be out and about.. wish I lived closer to the Mt..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga