• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Speaking of goggles...

loafer

Certified Ski Diva
I need some advice on getting some sunny day goggles. I own low-light and moderate light A-frame oakleys but would love to hear who has some kick butt bright sun goggles.

Also to add in this discussion is the fact that I coach so I need to try and steer clear of reflective lenses.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Oakley's black iridium lens (hopefully available in most frame styles?) is incredibly good on sunny days.
Off track....."loafer" --- as, per chance, in "Sugarloaf??" If so, reply! Also/if so, Oakley's black iridium is best saved for mid-Feb and beyond, when we again see the SUN over the MOUNTAIN. Accidentally wore these on Monday (sunny) and thought I was in a CAVE. :eek: These lenses seriously reduce light.
(My frames are Oakley O Frame)

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use the black irridium, as well. However, they are reflective coated.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have had and love my Turbo Fan goggles by Smith, but this year I added the Smith I/O goggles to my goggle quiver, with the Sensor lens(70%) and Ignitor lens(35%).

While skiing in Vermont this past weekend I quickly changed the lens to the Ignitor(took less than one minute) and was able to see easily in the seriously flat light in the afternoon.
I can see how this lens may not be enough for the super sunny days in Colorado but I think it will be my Go To lens for most days that I experience.
The Sensor lens is great for super sunny days, so this pair of goggles is ideal for someone who wants versatility in a stylish pair of goggles.
Backcountry has a nice variety of styles to search for, but I got mine from a local shop, because I have been trying to support my local guy more and more these days. In fact, IIRC my local shop gave me a better deal than backcountry.
https://www.backcountry.com/outdoor...l?CMP_ID=SH_FRO001&CMP_SKU=SMI0405&mv_pc=r126

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Okay, got it, nothing reflective (and hailing from the same mountain, I do understand why not :wink:).

Oakley A-Frame has a polarized Vr28 w 14% light transmission.
Bolle Nova Modulator (if you are PSIA, the accessories catalog usually offers good deals on Bolle), polarized, photochromatic.
Zeal Detonator polarized (serious $).
And...the ultimate:
Zeal Detonator PPX or SPPX Polarized Photochromatic (mega-serious $).

(info/data from REI.com)

Basically, you'd be looking for polarized lenses. More $ but the best way to get bright light compatibility without reflective coating (which is cheaper). I am intrigued by and have had previous discussions about the Bolle and its photochromatic capabilities. This, as you well know, would be most useful going anywhere from TOS to bottom of Spillway region toward Boardwalk and below (among other similar changes in light on the mountain). Um, yeah. Talk about NO light to full sun.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna