• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Solo Skiing

seastraight

Certified Ski Diva
I usually ski alone for about half of my 20+ skidays but this year I share sorcamc's thoughts and experience. My hubby does not ski but does travel with me. So we travel together and I ski alone. It has gotten less fun with each passing year. With no pairing, it is going to feel downright lonely. So not sure what I will do. I have an epic pass and am located on the east coast but have trips planned for CO and UT. I would be very happy to connect with other Ski Divas in various places. As a relative newcomer to the website, how do we use the website to find potential ski buddies?

COcanuck

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I usually ski alone for about half of my 20+ skidays but this year I share sorcamc's thoughts and experience. My hubby does not ski but does travel with me. So we travel together and I ski alone. It has gotten less fun with each passing year. With no pairing, it is going to feel downright lonely. So not sure what I will do. I have an epic pass and am located on the east coast but have trips planned for CO and UT. I would be very happy to connect with other Ski Divas in various places. As a relative newcomer to the website, how do we use the website to find potential ski buddies?

I'm in Colorado! We live in Glenwood Springs so just down the road from Aspen SkiCO, I have the IKON pass and would be happy to meet up if the dates work out :o)

newboots

Angel Diva

Welcome! Happy to have you.

Once you have 25 posts, new areas of the website open up to you, and you’ll be able to arrange ski meetups with other divas. I met almost all my ski friends here!

:welcome:

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Welcome! Happy to have you.

Once you have 25 posts, new areas of the website open up to you, and you’ll be able to arrange ski meetups with other divas. I met almost all my ski friends here!

:welcome:
So get posting, LOL! It doesn't take long...there are lots of interesting topics to comment on!

MissySki

Angel Diva

Where do you ski in the East? Too bad it’s Epic and not Ikon, there are several divas who call Sunday River home (including me). If you ever find yourself up there you’ll pretty likely have someone from the site to ski with. My significant other doesn’t ski either so I’m often found with other divas (and sometimes diva dudes added in as well) or solo skiing on the mountain.

Any thoughts on doing a seasonal lesson program? That can be a great way to meet other like minded people at a mountain you frequent too.

newboots

Angel Diva
Chat away! Tell us all about your snow, your clothes (see the threads “I’m a jacket slut” and “I’m a pants slut”). Tell us about your first day 2020 and your favorite bootfitter. Tell us where you ski and why you like it there. You’ll breeze right by 25 and be at 50 before you know it.

seastraight

Certified Ski Diva
Like the headwall - just go for it!! Hoping to ski at Beaver Creek mid to end of January, and Park City and Snowbird late February early March. I am thinking about some short trips to PA or WV in between, driving from Annapolis, but I have little experience with those areas, so am following the Mid-Atlantic crowd to get ideas. I have a long history of skiing at Smuggs - I have wonderful memories of that place, but it too is a plane ride. Whatever, just hope we all get on the slopes this year! The news from Taho is discouraging. I bought a Buff tube with filter - so as I said - just go for it - with safety!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Like the headwall - just go for it!! Hoping to ski at Beaver Creek mid to end of January, and Park City and Snowbird late February early March. I am thinking about some short trips to PA or WV in between, driving from Annapolis, but I have little experience with those areas, so am following the Mid-Atlantic crowd to get ideas. I have a long history of skiing at Smuggs - I have wonderful memories of that place, but it too is a plane ride. Whatever, just hope we all get on the slopes this year! The news from Taho is discouraging. I bought a Buff tube with filter - so as I said - just go for it - with safety!
If you get to PA, check out Elk Mtn -- one of my favorite small ski areas. A real local favorite!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I would be very happy to connect with other Ski Divas in various places. As a relative newcomer to the website, how do we use the website to find potential ski buddies?
Welcome! Have you noticed the Getting To Know You section? It's part of Divas Only. Providing a self-introduction with some location info in the thread title is one way to potentially connect with Divas who either live near you or plan to ski where you want to go. Noting that you have Epic might be helpful too.

Using the Inbox and Private Messages (PM) is a good way to get to know a specific Diva and arrange to meet up for a few runs.

I tend to keep the MidA/SE thread going. My home mountain is Massanutten, although I live in NC and take trips out west fairly often. However, I have Ikon and an Alta Midweek Pass so you won't find me at Snowbird much. Just finished a week skiing Alta even though my friends and I were staying at Snowbird using timeshare at Iron Blosam.

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought a Buff tube with filter - so as I said - just go for it - with safety!
Welcome. Do you like that Buff with Filter? I've read a lot of reviews panning it (hard to wear, etc). REI even has it at 2 out of 5 stars with informative reviews (including higher star reviews that say filters do not work so it would even make overall lower). What has your experience been? (and here's to getting closer to 25 posts!)

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am skiing alone less as I've gotten better and more able to keep up with DH. I am happy either way though, and we still have an understanding if it's a powder day that we'll split up. We carry walkie-talkies with us so we can meet up for lunch or whatever. I have done an occasional solo day when I've had a day off and he hasn't. It's good for me to step up and make all my own decisions about where I want to go - otherwise I tend to just default to following him because it's easier. The freedom of making all my own decisions is great too though.

patoswiss

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A day of skiing solo a few years ago is on the top of my 'ski days to remember'. Just so peaceful. I always have emergency info taped to the outside of my phone, and I was in Europe where Recco is common, so had that in my jacket. I don't ski crazy stuff, but knowing you are doing something that could be potentially dangerous, alone, is a little weird.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
A day of skiing solo a few years ago is on the top of my 'ski days to remember'. Just so peaceful. I always have emergency info taped to the outside of my phone, and I was in Europe where Recco is common, so had that in my jacket. I don't ski crazy stuff, but knowing you are doing something that could be potentially dangerous, alone, is a little weird.
Good point about emergency info - I always carry my "ski wallet" when I ski: just a small plastic ID fold case. or even a plastic bag, with my license, emerg. contact, insurance card, credit card, and some cash. Only the essentials -all my other cards, etc, remain safe in my room. The license and insurance card being the most essential, in case of an injury.

newboots

Angel Diva
Good point about emergency info - I always carry my "ski wallet" when I ski: just a small plastic ID fold case. or even a plastic bag, with my license, emerg. contact, insurance card, credit card, and some cash. Only the essentials -all my other cards, etc, remain safe in my room. The license and insurance card being the most essential, in case of an injury.

Excellent! I can't be relied upon to always have my little-wallet with me, so I made copies of my license and all those insurance cards and tucked it in the chest pocket. Very handy!

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good point about the emergency contact info - I printed off some info for my husband to take with him sledding (which is mainly why I'm skiing alone atm) but haven't done it for myself. Wondering if the ski hill can link it to my lift pass...?

I had a lovely week last week, 3 out of 5 days solo skiing. At first I thought I wouldn't enjoy it so much, as I really love chatting with my husband about the run we just did and what we're going to ski next etc, but I had a fabulous powder day at my own pace, followed by 2 'sweeping up after the powder' days. The only downside of it - as several others have pointed out - is that I'm more cautious about going into some more remote areas, if no-one knows I'm there. May see if I can buddy up for the odd run if I spot someone I know so I can keep skiing glades. I have to remember to keep pushing myself to ski more challenging runs, rather than just sticking too firmly in my comfort zone - only have myself to swear at if it turns out to be bad idea though....

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Excellent! I can't be relied upon to always have my little-wallet with me, so I made copies of my license and all those insurance cards and tucked it in the chest pocket. Very handy!
I can't either so I have one of those stick on pockets for my phone. Holds driver's license, Visa card, insurance/emergency info and a folded $20 and I don't forget it. Convenient for a quick trip to grocery store too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna