• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So who has new gear for 16/17?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess since I never got to ski them last year my Atomic Cloud 11's that I took out yesterday are New! Had a Fantastic day at Okemo.. skied no poles all day felt SOOOO good.. probably going to be ditching them more often (since I became active instructor I started using poles) I sure didn't need them yesterday, left rail road tracks all over the mountain, totally hooked up and happy w/the skis....

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I've been reading this thread with some envy. But so far this season, haven't bought a thing. Nor do I need a thing. Though why should that stop me! I don't DARE look at skis - have a perfectly fine quiver at the moment, and my boots (thankfully) still seem fine (think it's my fourth year on them). A new jacket wouldn't go amiss if I came across something I loved...

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
After "A Year, Interrupted," I feel like I hit the jackpot this year. :smile:
Finally dialed in the boots that I got almost TWO years ago.
New skis/bindings (Rossi Temptation 84).
Replacement Oakley lenses, Rose Prizm.
Jacket and pants - but mostly due to a considerable (and, I'm told, needed) weight gain.
Helmet is "out for delivery" today - same one as before, Giro Seam. Last one aging and took a hit last March.
Life is good.

Jenny

Angel Diva
@MaineSkiLady

Well, you deserve it after last year.

About the Rose Prizm - I'm working on convincing myself that I won't feel guilty the whole time I'm wearing them if I buy those goggles. The few times I've looked through them they seem amazing. You've said that Sugarloaf is in the shadow most of the time, so they must work well there. Have you ever used them when the sun comes out? We looked in Mammoth, and it didn't seem like you'd be blinded if it did, but just wondering? Also, would you be able to wear them for night skiing (not that I do that much at all) or if it got really really overcast/stormy?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
@Jenny - just used the lenses for the first time yesterday. Partly cloudy, they had fine contrast and were okay in bright sun. But when we hit our infamous "blue twilight" (sunset at 1:30 p.m. behind the mountain), they weren't as wonderful. DH at that point went in to change out his lenses to Smith Blue Sensor. I didn't have any others with me : ( The better lenses for "blue twilight" conditions (and likely, night skiing as well, though I do little of that) are Oakley HI Yellow (night/dark) or HI Persimmon (which is what I wish I had yesterday aft). I have heard good things about the Pink Prizm - but think I will wait on those until I hear more. Rose Prizm, in the meantime, covers a lot of bases. But I personally would not use that dark a lens for night skiing. YMMV.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I also have some new Oakley Flight Decks with Rose Prism lenses. I'll be trying them out in Andorra this week. Oh and the Smith Holt helmet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga