• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Slacklining

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
hola ladies,

i was wondering if anyone of you ever tried slacklining? is it popular in North America as it has its roots in the Yosemite Valley (yeah i know. it's just a itsy-bitsy part of the continent :smile:? i think it becomes more and more popular in europe, not only among climbers. looks pretty hard in the beginning, but i also think, that it is good for your balance (is it the right word???) and coordination.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It is pretty popular here in the climbing community. I have tried it a few times but haven't had much success, plus I have a huge fear of breaking my ankle. Down at the Red at Miguel's they have a permanent low and hi slackline setup.

I have much respect for folks who can do it well!

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My daughter does it all the time down in Bozeman. For those on Facebook, I've tried to post a photo on my profile, but someone else took it, so not sure you'll be able to see it.
photo.php

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We used to have one in our backyard. I was getting OK at it, but I was also scared of hurting an ankle. It's a good time waster at camp or while you're waiting for the steak to grill. :D

We always used to rig ours with old webbing, knots, and a bunch of old carabiners, but I know there's some professional kits out there that make setting it up a lot easier!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sib, I looked at your picture and would love to post it with your permission.
I had no idea what slacklining was. I'm impressed and intrigued!
It would definitely get me past my fear of small air.:redface:

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll link in another one as well. The second one is my daughter "doing battle" with her ex-boyfriend (they're still buddies).

However, one story. Another kid was doing this, had a cellphone in his shorts pocket, a pocket down along his leg. Fell off, landed somehow on the cellphone and it caused a lot of blood vessels to rupture. They had to open him up before the pressure got too great and damaged his muscles. Took out a 300cc hematoma. That was last October. He wasn't supposed to ski until February, but he's on the US Telemark Team and I saw him out there in December.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sibs, daughter:
How cool is this?
n43804795_31757757_965.jpg

n43804795_31757765_3173.jpg

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice! The closest I've gotten to being able to do it is keeping one finger on the top of The Boy's head as I walked. Of course, this one was about 5 feet up so it was quite daunting if you fell!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna