• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing Coronet Peak NZ 2012 with pics!

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hehe, you're certainly doing your bit for NZ tourism. Excellent photos -- I must remember to take my camera up soon and take some as well.

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
Wow ... Fabulous pics and trip report NZF... I can't wait to ski there this year only a few weeks more to wait now before we journey over! Your pics are very inspiring :wink:

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hehe, you're certainly doing your bit for NZ tourism. Excellent photos -- I must remember to take my camera up soon and take some as well.
I've always thought being a travel writer would be fun. This could be the start of something! lol

Jenny

Angel Diva
I've always thought being a travel writer would be fun. This could be the start of something! lol
Wouldn't it though? Especially if you worked for a place that would pay to send you places, too. But you'd probably have to be a freelancer, so no steady income.

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
Isn't this how the lonely planet people started out? Not to mention Lyn and Larry Pardy writing from their yacht Serrafyn - they've cruised the world for decades supplementing their boat deliveries with writing of their experiences. So go for it NZF - the world needs ski tripping Diva resort reports :thumb:... oh and if you need an assistant count me in :becky:

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow ... Fabulous pics and trip report NZF... I can't wait to ski there this year only a few weeks more to wait now before we journey over! Your pics are very inspiring :wink:

I have been borrowing DH's iphone all the time -it does take pretty good pictures doesn't it. He got so sick of it he got me my own one on Monday so I've spent the last couple of days playing with it. it will be good to take 1 thing up the mountain rather than my phone, ipod and camera all separately. So expect to be bored silly with my photo sharing next time I'm up the hill.
It might be a couple of weeks yet with snow conditions as they are, and I have a local community theatre show coming up on the 27th and 28th and am very busy with rehearsals.

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hear you re the conditions: we're heading down this weekend for a multisport race (DH doing a bike leg in a team) and won't even bother bringing our skis.

m185

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where are you coming from?
No we didn't get to Heidi's hut this time. Usually when our kids are in a morning lesson we head over to rocky gully for a few runs and a coffee and danish for morning tea, but they didn't have lessons this time so we'll keep that for later.
Fuegos will be quite good for CP but depends whether there has been heaps of fresh snow or not.
We travel in from Hong Kong....have for a few years but CP is finally getting some much needed snow. Looking forward to a week on the snow!

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My theatre show is over and it has finally decided to snow after 3 weeks of spring like weather. Perfect timing. I'll go up tomorrow and check it out. I have lots of skiing planned for August so am hoping for some cold weather.

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We'll be at either CP or Remarks tomorrow, depending on who has the snow. Will keep a lookout for you!

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've enjoyed my last two trips to CP. One day last week, and 3 this week with DD's school camp.
20 girls aged 12 & 13 staying in the Southland ski club lodge which was great. Bunk rooms -self cook etc.
The snow this week was pretty nice and I got to demo a couple of skis in between looking after the girls.
I demoed Volkl Aura and Kiku which was good as it confirmed my good decision of buying the Kenja, which are perfect for our conditions.
Here are some pics, first a lovely drive home last week and then some of the girls at camp.

IMG_0036.JPGIMG_0124.JPG

mustski

Angel Diva
After all these pics and descriptions, I am more eager than ever to hit NZ one of these years. I think we need a diva trip! :grouphug:

Anna

Angel Diva
I am heading your way 23rd AUG! Can't wait!!!!!
Where to go where to go?
Staying in Queenstown .....

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anna we have been to coronet peak and remarkables this weekend. Day off today and checking out cardrona tomorrow. CP snow ok on top half of mountain, getting icy down the bottom. But lots of runs and places to go. Very nice base building etc. Remarks- better quality snow as it is higher up but shorter runs. Slower gentler gradient than CP. I get a bit bored but my friend loved it. Small older buildings.
Cardrona snow is supposed to be good, I'll let you know. Hopefully snow on way

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Remarks- better quality snow as it is higher up but shorter runs. Slower gentler gradient than CP. I get a bit bored but my friend loved it. Small older buildings.
Cardrona snow is supposed to be good, I'll let you know. Hopefully snow on way

Remarkables gets boring if you stick only to the lifts, but if you are feeling fit and are happy to walk up the hill a bit, then some real gems appear. A 10-minute hike from the top of the Shadow Basin lift takes you to some really good couloirs overlooking Lake Alta, at least one of which isn't as bad as it first looks, and a nice face that curves around to take you back down to the base building. I suspect the latter might need more snow by now, but the south-facing Alta chutes seem to hold the snow well and keep it in good condition. There are loads more hikes up behind the lake, and off the Sugar Bowl area. There's the huge Doolans Basin over the back of the ridge, which always looks gorgeous, though it's outside the ski area (thus backcountry knowledge and safety gear are needed). If there's any snow in the forecast it's worth keeping an eye on Homeward Bound, which you only have to traverse to, and a free shuttle bus picks you up at the bottom and takes you back to the lifts.

Failing all that, the snow in the MacKenzie Basin/Mt Cook/Two Thumbs range area sounds as if it is currently outstanding (eg Mt Dobson has over 2m). Ohau, which also has plenty of snow, is a low key, laid-back commercial field, and the closest to Queenstown of those resorts, about two hours drive. Good here in Canterbury too, but that's a lot further to drive.

Anna

Angel Diva
OH!!! Thank you!!!! :smile::smile::smile:

Love the Up-to-the Second - real time reports!!!

Oh, and I decided that if there's a bad ski day, I'll ge ty hair done :smile:
HAHAHEHAHE:smile::smile:

CAN"T WAIT!!!

Nadine_A

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OH!!! Thank you!!!! :smile::smile::smile:

Love the Up-to-the Second - real time reports!!!

Oh, and I decided that if there's a bad ski day, I'll ge ty hair done :smile:
HAHAHEHAHE:smile::smile:

CAN"T WAIT!!!

Oh yes... you must get your hair done. I shall take myself to a day spa.

Hey NZ ladies... what's Treble Cone looking like this week? According to the snow reports, they have the most snow of the mountains around Queenstown and Wanaka?

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a good hairdresser in Wanaka, coincidentally a Canadian snowboarder who told me about Revelstoke.

Skiwi

Certified Ski Diva
Love the pics!!

Our holiday is starting on Thursday - hopefully with a mint days skiing straight off the bat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga