• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski trip meals for a gang

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wasnt sure where to post this, so I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I'm the ski trip planner/organizer for my gang of friends and have been for years. For our weekend trips, I divvy up meals to different people so that everyone contributes. For our longer trips, I make all of the meals ahead and bring.

In past years Ive done:
Breakfast-breakfast casseroles, coffee cake, bagels, quiche
Lunch-MYO grilled cheese and veggie beef soup (thrown in the crock pot as we walk out to warm up until lunch)
Dinners-lasagna, ham and mac&cheese, chilli, chicken taco soup

Props if it is something that can be frozen and then just warmed up or if its a dump in the crockpot and leave recipe.

This year Im in charge of our New Years trip which will be Dinner, then BLD for two days and B for the last day. Ill probably do the grilled cheese/veggie beef soup again this year for lunch, but I wanted to change up dinners at least. Maybe baked ziti (assuming I can freeze trays of it before hand).

So Divas, what are you favorite ski trip easy meals for a crowd?

elemmac

Angel Diva
Homemade pizzas are always a huge hit with my crowd on ski trips. Just buy a bunch of dough (or pre-cooked crusts), then whatever toppings and sauces...mix and match. Super easy, especially if it's not a big sit down dinner, just cook and serve as you go, and you can get a bunch of people involved with the cooking process.

Tvan

Angel Diva
We had a crowd for brunch on the day after Thanksgiving and this recipe was a huge hit. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...althy-overnight-french-toast-bake-recipe.html

Instead of using whole wheat baguettes, I used some leftover cinnamon buns that were on the stale side. Other than that substitution, I followed the recipe. It took me about 10 minutes to assemble the night before, and then 40 minutes to bake in the morning. I served it with sausages on the side, and we completely devoured every last bit of it.

Jenny

Angel Diva
We've made sloppy joes ahead of time and frozen them, then just dump in the crockpot to warm up. Also frozen lasagna, and soup, chili, Mexican stew (all crockpot meals). And a cheesy broccoli and rice that was a crockpot thing, too.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Enchiladas are always easy and go over well or you can put the sauce meat and spices on crockpot during day and just let everyone stuff it into tortillas themselves instead of baking as well. I have then taken the leftover chicken from the crockpot method and used it in salad for lunch on following days.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Lmk92

Angel Diva
My go-to is chicken alfredo rollups. Recipe here: https://www.ourtableforseven.com/2012/10/chicken-alfredo-roll-ups.html

I make her homemade sauce, and I don't skimp on the filling that goes in the noodles. I usually serve it with a side salad or a steamed veggie, and crusty bread. I cook the chicken, then shred it in my stand mixer. I mix the chicken and the sauce together to fill the noodles, reserving some to spread over top. It's fast, easy, and very tasty. Can't say it's very healthy, though...

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Oh! Chicken and sausage gumbo is a big favorite, too! It's also very easy, tasty (I cheat and use a jarred roux) and healthier than alfredo sauce.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Tell me more - I have 9 pounds of pork to pull in a few hours.

It's pretty straightforward. Don't crowd the meat, just put it in big chunks (while it's still warm) in your stand mixer and use the paddle blade. It's also easy to over-shred (sometimes it looks like it's ready to be turned into chicken salad), so keep an eye on it. Now, I've never tried pork, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's pretty straightforward. Don't crowd the meat, just put it in big chunks (while it's still warm) in your stand mixer and use the paddle blade. It's also easy to over-shred (sometimes it looks like it's ready to be turned into chicken salad), so keep an eye on it. Now, I've never tried pork, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Now I just need a stand mixer ;-)

I do have an immersion blender with attachments, so I thought that might stand in, but no paddle blade. This is a good idea, though! One day I'll have a stand mixer ...

SheSki

Certified Ski Diva
Turkey, Sweet potato, and Spinach Curry... I love this dish and could eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner, and sometimes do. It's so easy to make, very filling and nutritious, and it's also paleo friendly for all the non-grain eaters in da house. It reheats beautifully and is also nice served over jasmine rice.

Heat a bit of olive oil and/or butter, Sauté 1 small diced onion for 5-10 minutes. Add 1 medium diced sweet potato and sauté for 5-10 minutes. Add 8-12 oz. frozen chopped spinach and 1 lb. ground turkey and cook until the turkey is mostly done. Add one 14oz. can (full fat) coconut milk- my favorite brand is Chaokoh- and 2-3 T. curry powder, 1 tsp. ground ginger, 1/4 tsp. cayenne. Cover and heat on low about 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste.

Note: You may need to add a bit of water if the pan starts to dry out before the sweet potatoes are fully cooked.
Optional: Serve with a handful of chopped dried cherries, a handful of fresh, chopped cilantro, and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, (Fage is my favye, haha).
Bon Apetit!

alicie

Angel Diva
Assuming a crock pot is a slow cooker. Stew is always good, beef, potatoes, carrots, gravy(british gravy, I think america has slightly different gravy)(I always make mine with onion gravy granules, beef stock cube and a bit of worcester sauce). Not for a slow cooker, Spaghetti Bolognese, Shepherd's or Cottage pie.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Assuming a crock pot is a slow cooker.

Yes. "crockpot" is actually a brand, but people use it interchangeably with "slow cooker." It saves a whole syllable!

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Now I just need a stand mixer ;-)

I do have an immersion blender with attachments, so I thought that might stand in, but no paddle blade. This is a good idea, though! One day I'll have a stand mixer ...

Yesss....I highly recommend getting a stand mixer. I'm not much of a baker, but mine is kept on the counter at all times. I've even made bread, rolls, pizza dough - you name it. They just make life a little easier. And I just saw someone had them for 50% off, so this might be a good time to get one!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yesss....I highly recommend getting a stand mixer. I'm not much of a baker, but mine is kept on the counter at all times. I've even made bread, rolls, pizza dough - you name it. They just make life a little easier. And I just saw someone had them for 50% off, so this might be a good time to get one!

Nice! It's hard to justify because I don't eat gluten AND I try not to keep too many breadish temptations around ... but I do pull apart chicken and pork a lot ;-)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Assuming a crock pot is a slow cooker. Stew is always good, beef, potatoes, carrots, gravy(british gravy, I think america has slightly different gravy)(I always make mine with onion gravy granules, beef stock cube and a bit of worcester sauce). Not for a slow cooker, Spaghetti Bolognese, Shepherd's or Cottage pie.
Love spaghetti bolognese.... love the way Europeans do lunch... almost always order it when skiing in Europe.. At Tahoe resorts it's just soup.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna