• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Swaps & Sales ('14/'15)

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ski swaps and pre-season sales around the greater DC metro area or within day trip driving distance. Any others? If you have been to one of these in the past, how was it?

Sept. 26-28: Dilly in Chantilly
Oct. 4-5, Nov. 8-9: Alpine Ski Shop
Oct. 4, Nov. 1: Ski Haus in Annapolis
Oct. 25-26: swap at Whitetail at the Outdoor Festival
Oct. 26: Ski Center in DC
Nov. 1: Ski Chalet in Gathersburg
Nov. 8-9: Freestyle in Charlottesville

If anyone reading is close to the NC mountains, Appalachian in Boone has having their pre-season tent sale Oct. 17-26, which includes a swap.

I went to a Ski Haus swap several years ago. Got there early, meaning 30 min before the official opening time. Gave us a chance to look around before the crowd arrived. Managed to find boots, skis, and poles for my then 9yo daughter. The poles were from a father who came mid-morning. By the time he got to the front of the line for marking stuff for sale, all of the gear from his two daughters was spoken for. I think I paid $5 for the poles.

dianakate

Angel Diva
Thank you so much for this, @marzNC ! I was just now looking online for info about ski swaps to get my rapidly growing daughter new gear. And, of course, wishing that December would hurry up and get here! We have season passes to Roundtop/Whitetail/Liberty and are hoping to make a weekend trip to Massanutten this year and would love to meet up!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know of any other ski swaps? Post them here if you do.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I think the big Ski and Board Sale at the NY State Fairgrounds in Syracuse is Sept. 12-14. Stopped by last year on the way to Lake Placid. Definitely a good place to outfit a family with growing kids or adults who are just getting into skiing. Also includes a swap.

The Albany Ski and Snowboard Expo is Nov. 7-9. No details yet.

Is there anything like this in PA?

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Calgary New and Used Ski Sale and Swap

at the Max Bell Arena

Friday, Oct. 245:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday, Oct. 2511:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, Oct. 2611:00 am - 3:00 pm

Jilly

Staff member
Toronto Ski and Snowboard Show - swap in aid of the CSPS - October 16-19
International Centre - Mississauga.

Marigee

Angel Diva
Ski swaps and pre-season sales around the greater DC Metro area ... If you have been to one of these in the past, how was it?

Oct. 26: Ski Center in DC

The sale at The Ski Center is one of the largest on the East Coast - regularly over $100,000 in sales. It benefits the Ski Patrol at Ski Liberty.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Eastern PA:

10/10 - 10/13: Alpina Ski Shop Tent Sale, White Haven, PA
10/15 - 10/18: Buckman's Tent Sale at their locations in King of Prussia, Montgomeryville, Reading and Whitehall, PA
10/18 - 10/19: Wick's Ski and Sport Consignment Sale, Exton, PA

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's Ski Utah's page on ski swaps; check it out for the links in blue type. Rather than typing it in, here's a cut and paste from the page. I know there are more in SLC, and will post if I hear of them.

September 26-28 - Snowbird Sports Education Foundation Ski and Snowboard Swap
Friday, September 26: 9am-6pm
Saturday, September 27: 9am-6pm
Sunday, September 28: 9am-6pm

October 3-5 - 2nd Tracks
2927 East 3300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84109
Friday, October 3: 9am-8pm
Saturday, October 4: 9am-8pm
Sunday, October 5: 10am-5pm

October 24-26
1273 Canyon Road
Ogden, UT 84404
Friday, October 24: 9am-8pm
Saturday, October 25: 9am-8pm
Sunday, October 26: 10am-5pm

October 10 - Weber State Gear Sale and Swap
Lower Bell Tower Plaza, Directly outside the N. entrance of the Student Union Building

October 18 - Black Diamond
2092 East 3900 South
Salt Lake City, UT

October 24-25 - Ogden Ski Swap
247 24th St
Ogden, UT 84401
Thursday, October 23 - Equipment Check-in: 5-9pm
Friday, October 24 = Equipment check-in 9am-3pm, Swap from 6-10pm, $5 admission fee
Saturday, October 25 - 10am-4pm, Free

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@gardenmary Do you know when the Hansen's ski swap is? I haven't been able to find any info.
Sorry I didn't see this, for some reason my notifications are all screwy. It's usually the first weekend of November, and reminder cards are out around the first of October. I'll let you know when I get mine. I'm SOOOOO tempted to sell my boots and get new ones, but I don't DARE until I know Josh's inventory at Diamond Peak in Eden. He did such an awesome job with Tim that I know I need to talk with him first.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Great list here from SnoCountry.com:

NORTHEAST:

Sept. 19-21: Potter Brothers Ski Shop, 1083 Route 9, Lawrence Farms Plaza, Fishkill, N.Y. Fri., 2-8 p.m.; Sat., 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (845) 297-2941

Sept. 26-28: Potter Brothers Ski Shop, 57 City View Terrace, Kingston, N.Y. Fri., 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sat., 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (845) 338-5119

Oct. 3-5: Pico Ski Club Sale & Swap, Pico Base Lodge, Mountain, Pico, Vt.; Fri., 5-9 p.m.; Sat., 9 a.m.-4 p.m.; Sun., 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Proceeds benefit Pico Ski Club racing programs.

Oct. 4-5, Oct. 11-13: Ski Haus,1890 A South Road, Poughkeepsie, N.Y. Sat. & Sun., 11 a.m.-5 p.m.; Columbus Day Mon., Oct. 13, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. (845) 298-9597

Oct. 9-13: Wachusett Mountain Ski & Snowboard Sale & Swap, 499 Mountain Road, Princeton, Mass., Thurs. & Fri., Noon-8 p.m., Sat., Sun., & Mon., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (978) 464-2300

Oct. 11: Plattepalooza Festival, Plattekill Mountain, 469 Plattekill Mountain Road, Roxbury, N.Y., 11 a.m. Ski and bike swap, new and used equipment, benefits mountain’s volunteer ski patrol. (607) 328-3500

Oct. 11-13: Ski Butternut, 380 State Rd., Rt. 23, Great Barrington, Mass., Sat., Sun., & Mon., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (413) 528-2000-x160. Proceeds benefit Butternut’s adaptive ski program.

Oct. 18-19: Bousquet Mountain, Bousquet Lodge, 101 Dan Fox Drive, Pittsfield, Mass. Sat., 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Sun., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Discounts of up to 75 percent on gear and clothing. Used gear four years or newer also will be available; 20 percent of the sale benefits the Bousquet Ski Club. (413) 442-8316

MIDWEST:

Sept. 26-28: Buck Hill Ski & Snowboard Sale & Swap, Buck Hill Resort, 15400 Buck Hill Road, Burnsville, Minn. Fri., 2-9 p.m., Sat., 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Sun., 10 a.m.-noon. Proceeds benefit the Buck Hill Ski Racing Club.

Oct. 4: Skitoberfest, Boyne Mountain Resort, Civic Center, 1 Boyne Mountain Resort, Boyne Falls, MI, benefit Boyne City High ski teams, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (231) 758-7600 Bob Simpson

Oct. 4 -5: Wild Mountain Open House & Swap, Wild Mountain, Taylors Falls, Minn., Sat. & Sun., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (651) 465-6365

Oct. 5: Sunburst Ski Area, 8355 Prospect Drive, Kewaskum, Wis., Main Lodge area, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (262) 626-8404

Oct. 17-19: Boston Mills/Brandywine Ski Resort Patrol Ski Swap, Boston Mills, Ski Patrol Swap Tent, Peninsula, Ohio; Fri., 10 a.m.-8 p.m., Sat. and Sun. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. 20 percent proceeds benefit Boston Mills/Brandywine Ski Patrol.

Oct. 24-25: Welch Village Fall Ski Swap & Sale, Welch Village Ski and Snowboard Area, 26685 County Road 7 Blvd, Welch, Minn. Fri., 4-9 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. New and used equipment and gear. (651) 258-4567

Oct. 24-26: Windy City Ski & Snowboard Show, Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center, 1551 N. Thoreau Dr., Schaumburg, Ill. Fri., 3-10 p.m., Sat., 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Sun., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Show admission: adults $12; kids under 12 are free. Sale is run by the Southern Region Ski Patrol, INC. as an independent fund raising event. (847) 972-6521

Oct. 25: Ski Swap at Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, lower level of Crystal Center, Thompsonville, Mich.; 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Proceeds benefit local high school ski teams. (231) 378-2998

Oct. 25-26: Chestnut Mountain's Open House and Ski Swap, 8700 W. Chestnut Mountain R., Galena, Ill., Sat., Noon-5 p.m., Sun., 9 a.m.-2 p.m. New and used equipment. (800) 798-0098

ROCKIES:

Sept. 26-28: Snowbird Sports Education Foundation Ski and Board Swap, Snowbird Ski Resort, Park City, Utah, Fri.-Sun. 10 a.m.-7 p.m., free admission, 25 percent of all sales benefit the Foundation. (801) 933-2222

Oct. 10: Weber State’s Outdoor Program Gear Sale and Swap, Weber State University. Lower Bell Tower Plaza (north entrance of Student Union) Fri., 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. (801) 626-6373, Daniel Turner

Oct. 10-11: Winter Park Resort Ski & Snowboard Swap, Winter Park Resort, West Portal Station at base of resort. Fri., 5-9 p.m.; Sat., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Entry fee Friday only: $5 per person or $10 family. (970) 726-1590 or (303) 316-1564

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also in The Northeast:

BBTS Ski Swap, Waterville Valley, NH- GREAT if you're looking for high end gear an race gear. Sat 10/11-Sun 10/12

https://www.wvbbts.org/pages/community/bbts-blog

"The Swap will be open for sales to the public on Saturday, October 11th from 9 am-6 pm and Sunday, October 12th from 9 am-6 pm.

Drop off for selling gear at the Swap takes place before the Swap opens for sales to the public. Gear will be accepted at the tent in Town Square on Friday, October 10th from 4-6 pm or Saturday, October 11th from 8-9am ONLY. Sellers are encouraged to consider bringing return address labels for use on sales tags. Only equipment in good, safe condition will be accepted for sale in the Swap. All types of winter equipment can be sold - skis, snowboards, boots, poles, helmets, outerwear, ice skates, snowshoes, etc. All unsold equipment must be picked up by 5 pm on Sunday, October 12th or it will be donated or thrown away. Proceeds will be divided 70% to seller and 30% to BBTS."

This is where I got all my gear as a race brat growing up :-)

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's also a swap in Auburn, ME held by the Maine Ski Association but that's not until November- I can't seem to find the date online for this year. Last year (2013) it was held November 17th.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
More for Utah:

NOVEMBER
October 31 - November 1-2
- Snowbasin Ski Swap
151 South 1100 W
Farmington, UT 84025
Friday, October 31: 6pm-10pm, $5 (12 and under free)
Saturday, November 1: 9am-6pm, $2 (12 and under free)
Sunday, November 2: 10am-1pm, Free admission
*A percentage of proceeds will benefit the Ogden Valley Winter Sports Foundation. Please no gear more than 5 years old unless it is an antique/collectable.

November 7-9 - 42nd Annual Park City Ski and Snowboard Swap
1388 New Main St.
Park City, UT
Friday, November 7: 8pm-1am, $10 admission fee, (12 & under free)
Saturday, November 8: 10am-6pm, $5 admission fee, (12 & under free)
Sunday, November 9: 10am-2pm, $2 admission fee, (12 & under free)
Equipment Check-in
Early Check-in: Jans & Cole Sport Nov 3-6
November 7 – Basin Recreation Field House 3pm-7pm
Pick-up: Sunday, November 9 3:30-5pm
*30% sales commission benefits the Park City Ski Team. Please, no ski equipment over 5 years old and no used hats, gloves, goggles, sun glasses or other accessory items.

DECEMBER
December 5-6
- ACE (Alta Community Enrichment) Gear Swap
Our Lady of the Snows Center
10189 Utah 210
Alta, UT 84092
Friday, December 5th - gear drop off from 3:00pm-7:00pm
Saturday, December 6th - SWAP 8:00am- 6:00pm
*Last chance for gear drop off 8:00am-9:30am
*Pick-up unsold gear and/or get your money for sold gear from 4:00pm-7:00pm
Cost:
-$1 per item entered into the SWAP-FREE entrance to BUY!
-20% of sale price goes to Alta Community Enrichment

callmijane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Durango, CO: The Hesperus Ski Patrol will be holding their annual Ski Swap at the La Plata Fairgrounds on Saturday, November 1.

Glenwood Springs, CO: The Great Winter Ski Swap, October 4th, 2014

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@mustski, just talked with Hansen's, their swap is November 8 & 9. Old equipment turn-in the week before, it's $1 to put it in the swap and they get 20% if it sells. ALL my stuff sold last year.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I just participated in my first ski swap this weekend at Wachusett mountain and it was great! Between DH and I we sold 3 pairs of skis, 2 old pairs of ski boots, 3 old pairs of ski pants, and 2 old ski jackets. Everything we brought sold, Wachusett has everything labeled with bar coded stickers so you can check online in real time if your stuff has sold which I incessantly checked until everything had gone :smile:. I never thought it would all sell (some stuff sold for what we bought them for years ago!), DH is very happy that he doesn't have to go pick up anything that didn't sell today since it's an hour and a half drive each way to the mountain.

Also thrilled I don't have to deal with skis on ebay or craigslist now because I got rid of what I wanted to, all I kept getting on craigslist were scammers who wanted to send me money orders and people who either try to whittle the price to nothing or lead you on for weeks and never actually buy. Ski swaps you set the price and people buy it or don't, no haggling etc, no meeting up with potentially sketchy people.. great experience and highly recommended for anyone who hasn't tried it and has stuff to offload.

Luckily there was nothing I wanted at the swap for myself, so I didn't lose any of our proceeds that way hehe. It was fun to get to be around all of the gear and people excited for ski season though.. winter is coming!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna