• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski socks

Littlesonique

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi I would love some help with socks. My boots leave no room except for very thin socks. Every time I get some online they say thin and get them and I’m like :nono: . Any advice on what to get? Thank you in advance

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Smartwool Ultralight if you have large calves, Darn Tough Ultralight if you don't have large calves. Mainly because the Darn Tough are usually cheaper, but they aren't as stretchy in the calf section as the Smartwools.

I have 1) heel lifts, 2) a custom orthotic (no, these do not replace the heel lifts, I asked), and 3) hotronix, and with all that (very useful) crap in my boot, I don't have room for anything more than a very light ski sock either. If I did have room for a more bulky ski sock, honestly, I might be concerned that I was in a boot that was too large.

Littlesonique

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the input. I went to smartwool.com and bought 6 pairs. Some for me. Some for hubby and some for the kids. But 5 get 1 free and free shipping. $114 for 6 pairs of socks... sigh.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know it seems like a huge amount of money. They really are good socks, though. I have some that have been part of my Big Bin O' Ski Clothes for seven or eight years.

Littlesonique

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m ok spending the money. Just wish it wasn’t before I paid off Christmas :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
My fav socks are Eurosocks over all my smart wool and icebreaker socks.
Not sure what it is about them that I like better. But I have about 5 pairs of Eurosocks and probably a dozen pairs of smart wool ...... Always reach for Eurosocks when packing...

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I know it seems like a huge amount of money. They really are good socks, though. I have some that have been part of my Big Bin O' Ski Clothes for seven or eight years.
I realized my first real pair of ski socks are going on 7 years and barely show any wear. I don't wear them as much now as I prefer slightly thinner and tighter. I've only recently started to wear out my Smartwool casual socks bought ages ago. When you take into consideration just how long those good quality socks last, it's a no brainier spending a bit more for quality and comfort. Course, I'm always looking for a sale to help a little. They make such fun colors but I really, really don't need more socks. Ski, hiking, running, or casual. LOL. Must resist...

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
+1 on the SmartWool PhD thin ski socks. Look for them at the end of the season, they usually go on sale and you can pick them up at a discount!

mustski

Angel Diva
My fav socks are Eurosocks over all my smart wool and icebreaker socks.
Not sure what it is about them that I like better. But I have about 5 pairs of Eurosocks and probably a dozen pairs of smart wool ...... Always reach for Eurosocks when packing...
Me too! I don’t know why either. They are just comfy and stay put. I got new boots and need the ultra light so I’m shopping because otherwise my one pair will get worn five days in a row! My other eurosocks aren’t fine enough for my new boots.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Another vote for the Smartwool PhD. Man, those things are THIN. Actually too thin for me, especially at the shins (mine are "pointy.")

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was turned onto Bridgedale (race) socks a few years ago by my bootfiter in Big Sky and I’m addicted. They’re probably considered liners by some manufacturers. Very thin, but I’ve had no issues.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I was turned onto Bridgedale (race) socks a few years ago by my bootfiter in Big Sky and I’m addicted. They’re probably considered liners by some manufacturers. Very thin, but I’ve had no issues.
Welcome! How often do you get to Big Sky? I'll be there with friends, including a few Divas, in late February. There is a Meet On The Hill (MOTH) thread in the Divas Only section, which requires more posts. Have you noticed the Getting To Know You section?

As for socks, my boot fitter in central NC carries Point 6 and those have worked out well in the last 10 years.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am a Eurosock Superlite fan, too. Very thin, good support, and warm enough. I like it that it's all synthetic (allergies and such), and I like the smoothness, in contrast to other Eurosocks; my feet and legs can be very sensitive to seams and padding.

The only problem with the Superlites is that initially it can be a bit tight at the cuff.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi! I did see the Getting To Know You section, thanks! I’ll be sure to post soon.

Yes I’m in BS often. Last week, this week, and a couple other committed dates. I’ll be there end of Feb into mid March. Then Alta!

Welcome! How often do you get to Big Sky? I'll be there with friends, including a few Divas, in late February. There is a Meet On The Hill (MOTH) thread in the Divas Only section, which requires more posts. Have you noticed the Getting To Know You section?

As for socks, my boot fitter in central NC carries Point 6 and those have worked out well in the last 10 years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga