• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Snacks

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I don't really know much about WW points - but our go-to snacks are cucumber slices, baby carrots and crackers - and I'll pack two little pots, one with hummus in it, and another smaller one with nutella and we dip and go. those seem like quite healthy snacks - especially the hummus. and low carb, but they're a good energy boost when we need it. i usually make my own hummus - tahini, big can of chickpeas, a tbsp of olive oil, couple of cloves of raw garlic, bit of mineral water, smoked paprika, turmeric, cumin and caramelized onion in a processor. salt and pepper to taste.

on especially cold days, ill take packs of instant multigrain cereal too and heat up in the microwaves at the hill -it's like oatmeal, but in addition to oatmeal it has barley, rye and buckwheat. its got a surprising amount of protein and fiber. but yes, carbs too.

I'm about due to the UK Gourmet store as they have some really good snacks. Love the digestives and crisps. I don't ski with a pack anymore so I'll try to eat a good amount of protein in the am and maybe put a cliff bar in my jacket pocket for morning and afternoon snacks. I love the jerky snack idea as well. At my mountain we'll split a burrito for lunch. I love these hob nob nibbles we get from the UK store. We brought a ton back from our trip in June.

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm about due to the UK Gourmet store as they have some really good snacks. Love the digestives and crisps. .

I've been having a look on their website. They sell Galaxy chocolate, my favourite. Try that, if you never have. Mr Kipling cherry bakewells and chocolate HobNobs mmmm (better than digestives, trust me). Ooo and Bird's custard.

LOL at all the Royal tat though.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm about due to the UK Gourmet store as they have some really good snacks. Love the digestives and crisps. I don't ski with a pack anymore so I'll try to eat a good amount of protein in the am and maybe put a cliff bar in my jacket pocket for morning and afternoon snacks. I love the jerky snack idea as well. At my mountain we'll split a burrito for lunch. I love these hob nob nibbles we get from the UK store. We brought a ton back from our trip in June.

@surfsnowgirl Good to hear you're dropping the pack this season and took some of my advise while I was trying to help you get over your fears, It definitely was hindering your wedge turns at Jay when I spent the 1.5hrs trying to help you. contrary to your snarky blog posts!
I too love the British snacks after living there and going to school in Leeds.. In my ski coat I usually have baby snickers or other small chocolate candy in my pocket, I always have gum, clif bars are great but when frozen can break a tooth!

@surfsnowgirl Good to hear you're dropping the pack this season and took some of my advise while I was trying to help you get over your fears, It definitely was hindering your wedge turns at Jay when I spent the 1.5hrs trying to help you. contrary to your snarky blog posts!
I too love the British snacks after living there and going to school in Leeds.. In my ski coat I usually have baby snickers or other small chocolate candy in my pocket, I always have gum, clif bars are great but when frozen can break a tooth!

I dropped the pack right when you said you could see my pack turn before my body turned. I learned a lot during that awesome 1.5 hour lesson so thank you. Someone else with whom I've skied independent of diva east said that it's common to wedge when ones nervous and that was indeed 150% true at Jay as I was shaking I was so nervous so I was a wedge turning maniac and that's not normally me. I still stem at the onset of a turn but when I'm petrified nervous I wedge quite a bit. I should have just let everyone go off and ski and just meet up at lunch/dinner. However, in my lab puppy eagerness I wanted to ski with everyone but nerves and anxiousness added with being at an unfamiliar mountain aren't a good combination for me. I should have taken baby steps.

British snacks are indeed yummy. Love the baby snickers idea and gum too. Thank goodness our jackets have lots of pockets.

Last edited:
Hmm. Going to be in London for about 4 days before going to Austria. Need to pick up British snacks. My friend I'm going with IS British so she will know.

Not great for skiing but I simply love their crisps as there is every conceivable flavor put into a potato chip. Some weren't appealing to me and others were soooooooooo good..

Your friend will hook you up.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Cadbury's caramel chocolate bars - yum! I was so sad when we weren't able to get the ones made in the UK here anymore. The American version just isn't the same.

Jilly

Staff member
Cadbury's caramel chocolate bars - yum! I was so sad when we weren't able to get the ones made in the UK here anymore. The American version just isn't the same.

I just found this interesting is that Jenny stated "chocolate bar" not candy bar! You live too close to Canada.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
my love of Dark beer started in England.... no coors or bud light for me LOL
Guess I haven't snacked much on previous trips.... but I love the hard cider in London at pubs.....hmm not a ski snack so I'll stop now. But at Whistler in the ski lodges you get about 25 different types of cider. So yeah now appropriate post.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ah yes the English cider.. they would mix it w/beer at a pub I hung out in.. And hey isn't Beer a snack? I guy I ski w/brings beer in his coat w/PBJ's for impromptu picnics!! LOL

Beer is absolutely a snack and never coors or bud light, ick. Love the beer n PBJ idea for an impromptu picnic. I like the occasional cider but I'm more of a beer gal. I think I've always said chocolate bar also, channeling my inner canadian eh.

It's almost the time of year to head to the store to load up on skiing snacks. So many good ideas to add to my list.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since we're expanding to talk about beer, I want to share this picture. Last spring, our weekly lesson group decided to have a bbq at the "Lost Cabin" in Breckenridge. The plan was to drop off our backpacks with food, hike peak 6 and ski down something up there, THEN eat. But it took us three passes to find the cabin. (No one saw it on the first run; two people saw it on the second, but the rest of us were too far downslope, so one of them went up the lift with us again while the other started the grill.)

It's not open to guests as a rule - our instructor got the key from an admin.

aPZY0mm.jpg

It was a meh snow day, so pretty great for a leisurely early lunch. Our "snack" was various canned sodas, grilled veggies, brats, chocolate, potato chips, etc etc.

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ah yes the English cider.. they would mix it w/beer at a pub I hung out in..

Ha, a snakebite. Lots of pubs won't serve them now, especially snakebite and black (shot of blackcurrant juice) because they make people too fighty. I've not heard of people drinking them for a long time. Cider is a real thing here now, supermarkets have dozens of different ones. My husband LOVES cider, drinks it instead of beer. Old Rosie cider is my fave.

Hmm. Going to be in London for about 4 days before going to Austria. Need to pick up British snacks. My friend I'm going with IS British so she will know.

Happy to advise if needed :thumbsup:

Not great for skiing but I simply love their crisps as there is every conceivable flavor put into a potato chip. Some weren't appealing to me and others were soooooooooo good..

Your friend will hook you up.

Monster Munch, Nik-Naks, Walkers Sensations and Frazzles. The best crisps. Oh and BBQ Pringles.

Galaxy Caramel is even better IMO. Some people swear by Cadbury's though. It's like Coke/Pepsi.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Galaxy Caramel is even better IMO. Some people swear by Cadbury's though. It's like Coke/Pepsi.
Thanks for the heads up - will have to try both. Wonder if the Canadian versions are more like UK or US versions. We'll be in Canada in January and will have to look up both brands.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I trained as a radiographer in Leeds. When did you live there? Lovely city and I still miss the Dales and British beers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna