• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Shows: yea or nay?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Considering hitting the Boston Ski Show for the first time this year. And if I can't talk my kids into Warren Miller this year, any other Boston area divas going?

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And so I did a search for local shows. Portland's is this coming weekend. And it includes a ski swap. And I will have new skis for this year and new boots.

Do I put my current skis in the swap, assuming the new skis will suit me, or hang onto them as backup in case?

Hmmm ... I think the skis and boots will go to the swap. I'm going to feel naked ... 3 weeks away from Bachelor's opening and I'll have no gear. My new skis are in VT, waiting for binding mount ... my new boots are at Bachelor, waiting for the bootfitter to pick them out for me.

Jilly

Staff member
I always keep my stuff for one year. Right now I have new boots, but the old ones are available. Plus I don't think they would sell at our local swap for anything over $ 50. $450 without all the extra's to make them fit. So not really worth the gas money to go out there. I'll probably just donate them to Teens on Edge next fall along with my oldest pair of skis.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not sure, I haven't been to a Boston showing yet. You could possibly call the Somerville Theater to ask.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I've gone to the Boston Ski Expo for a few years now, I think I skipped one year due to already skiing during it. MY first year was the best, loved getting so many brochures and stickers, plus we won free lodging in Aspen that was awesome. However, I'm kind of now finding it more repetitive than anything since it's pretty similar each year, and I haven't won anything since the first time. Not sure if I'm going to it this year, perhaps it'll be more fun if I stay away for awhile and then go back! lol

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've gone to the Boston Ski Expo for a few years now, I think I skipped one year due to already skiing during it. MY first year was the best, loved getting so many brochures and stickers, plus we won free lodging in Aspen that was awesome. However, I'm kind of now finding it more repetitive than anything since it's pretty similar each year, and I haven't won anything since the first time. Not sure if I'm going to it this year, perhaps it'll be more fun if I stay away for awhile and then go back! lol

I agree, my first year was the best too!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga