• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Movies with a Plot

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I think I saw on TG that Weak Layers is coming to Prime and Apple TV. Whether it is included or your have to pay, don't know.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On Netflix, Full Circle. Documentary about Trevor Kennison's snowboarding accident and then rise to sit skiing fame. Also his parallel journey to Barry Corbet (of Corbet's couloir fame) who was injured in a helicopter crash but went on to become a disability rights advocate.
That was good! I couldn't believe he shot into Corbet's like that. But after watching the rest of the movie, not surprised...

Christy

Angel Diva
To clarify, I don't necessarily think Weak Layers is a must see, but there were a few LOL moments and it has a plot. :smile: I liked the ending.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To clarify, I don't necessarily think Weak Layers is a must see, but there were a few LOL moments and it has a plot. :smile: I liked the ending.
Well to that extent I don't know that really any of the movies listed here are "must sees". Lol. But I have watched them all.

There is also Ski School and Ski Patrol (it had the insane snowboard guy who has a mask he wears). No oscar winners here, but fun nonetheless as far as I am concerned.

Christy

Angel Diva
TV has gotten so good that maybe it's just easy to expect more. Weak Layers is supposed to be a "progressive throwback to the cult classics" but putting drunk horny women in place of drunk horny men only gets you so far IMO.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
TV has gotten so good that maybe it's just easy to expect more. Weak Layers is supposed to be a "progressive throwback to the cult classics" but putting drunk horny women in place of drunk horny men only gets you so far IMO.
Katie Burrell IS funny but a lot of it is role reversal tropes.

Christy

Angel Diva
I happened across Snowbeast (1977) last night. It's got skiing and it's got a plot! And you will learn important lessons, like, if you see Bigfoot tracks when tree skiing alone, don't follow them. Also if you are skiing alone with your old fashioned bindings (why is everyone always skiing alone in this movie? Where is everyone?), try not to fall and become injured and helpless.

Filmed at Crested Butte.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I happened across Snowbeast (1977) last night. It's got skiing and it's got a plot! And you will learn important lessons, like, if you see Bigfoot tracks when tree skiing alone, don't follow them. Also if you are skiing alone with your old fashioned bindings (why is everyone always skiing alone in this movie? Where is everyone?), try not to fall and become injured and helpless.

Filmed at Crested Butte.
Looks cool! lol

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone seen Chalet Girl? It’s a very silly teen romantic comedy about a skateboarder who learns to snowboard while working at a rich people lodge. I actually really liked it! Worlds better than that Falling for Christmas Lindsay Lohan flick.
I just watched Chalet Girl! Such a cute movie. I loved it! With a happy ending for everyone...

I sort of wish she had skied rather than boarded, but I guess if you're in the park it's all the same.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Filmed at Crested Butte.
Anyone see Frozen? It’s my favorite!

ChollaKicker

Diva in Training
I think I saw on TG that Weak Layers is coming to Prime and Apple TV. Whether it is included or your have to pay, don't know.
I don't know about Weak Layers but Hot Dog a satirical 1984 movie about the FIS World Cup filmed at Squaw/Palisades is a hoot. Corny but hilarious. It's free on Prime. It's one I would watch again, just for laughs.

Jesski

Certified Ski Diva
It's subtitled, but Force Majeure is great.
Yes, great film! I highly recommend the original though not the American remake (remake is called 'Downhill' and it pales in comparison to Ruben Ostlund's original.)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna