• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Movies with a Plot

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking for ski movies with a plot! The Ordinary Skier popped up in my YouTube suggestions, so I just watched that again and enjoyed it. I'm tired of watching people ski, so I'm looking for movies about skiing or that at least have a compelling plot.

(I couldn't find a post on this yet, but please let me know if I missed it!)

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I loved The Ordinary Skier. My friend who only learned in her 40s marveled after watching it as she realized that side slipping is not only a drill for new skiers, but one that the very best master in order to survive entering icy couloirs in the alps.

Following for good documentaries and the more elusive narrative ski films.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I loved The Ordinary Skier. My friend who only learned in her 40s marveled after watching it as she realized that side slipping is not only a drill for new skiers, but one that the very best master in order to survive entering icy couloirs in the alps.

Following for good documentaries and the more elusive narrative ski films.
It’s a great movie, and so interesting to see the dangerous skiing in Chamonix! Although four of the skiers interviewed in the movie have died skiing since.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It’s a great movie, and so interesting to see the dangerous skiing in Chamonix! Although four of the skiers interviewed in the movie have died skiing since.
Thankfully most of the main players are still skiing, Seth, Kye, Glen, and Sean. JP was a tragedy. They all are.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thankfully most of the main players are still skiing, Seth, Kye, Glen, and Sean. JP was a tragedy. They all are.
Actually, five of them have died! It was hard to watch them talking about the dangers of skiing knowing they have died since.

Yes you are right luckily very few big names have died. McConkey, Combs, Auclair..

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For anyone who speaks Swedish, Snowroller is a hoot even if it is a bit dated.

Verve

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone seen Chalet Girl? It’s a very silly teen romantic comedy about a skateboarder who learns to snowboard while working at a rich people lodge. I actually really liked it! Worlds better than that Falling for Christmas Lindsay Lohan flick.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone seen Chalet Girl? It’s a very silly teen romantic comedy about a skateboarder who learns to snowboard while working at a rich people lodge. I actually really liked it! Worlds better than that Falling for Christmas Lindsay Lohan flick.
I haven't seen it, but I agree the Lindsay Lohan movie was awful! lol

I'll check it out...

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On Netflix, Full Circle. Documentary about Trevor Kennison's snowboarding accident and then rise to sit skiing fame. Also his parallel journey to Barry Corbet (of Corbet's couloir fame) who was injured in a helicopter crash but went on to become a disability rights advocate.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga