• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Haus in Salem NH (HUGE RANT!!)

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
never mind. I have been set straight by the powers that be at AZ.

Apparently I am wrong to expect people to uphold their side of the deal. My bad.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Grrrrrr....:mad2:

abc

Banned
Since you have paid the "down payment", which means you have a peice of paper of what you already paid, what you'll be getting etc. You have a pretty solid case.

Just get ready to state your case in court. They might claim they just can't get the skis and refund your down payment. In that case, there's probably not a whole lot you could do either.

Either case, asking you to pay the full price is pretty outrageous. That's akin to bait-n-switch.

I can understand your emotion. The last time some merchand pull that b-n-s trick, I got just as mad. I make sure I got my money back first. Then reported them to the BBB.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
After seeing your thread here, I read both threads elsewhere. Sounds like this was an early season "pro form" deal? I have some familiarity with this, at least in the past. Pro forms are the deals shops love to hate, frankly. In the case of DH and the past, this was really the only way he could afford new/current stuff but always approached it gingerly, almost sheepishly, and with some trepidation, knowing that it was a zero-profit deal for any shop. (Some shops would annually host "pro nights," which was an altogether different kind of scene.)

This wound up being a 2-wrongs kind of situation. Hindsight being 20-20, the better option would have been a face-to-face attempt to renegotiate this, perhaps finding some kind of "middle ground." Had a pleasant "let's save some of this deal & relationship" kind of approach been completely rejected, any/all rant would have been more warranted. (I'm half-guessing that it very well would have been rejected?? :noidea:)

Bottom line and point of my post is just how under cut shops wind up on pro deals. I'd shrug it and move on.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
there was no face-to-face meeting because he called us yesterday. My husband had called a few days earlier to say we'd be in to pick them up, as we had discussed on our first trip there. Said we'd call so they could mount the bindings. No problem there. Then Steve called back and said basically only if you're going to pay full price.

So he's had over a month to shoot down the proform deal and waited until last night. If he had down something earlier he still could have gotten his hands on a pair for me, but he chose not to.

I was going to get everything else my son needs there when I picked up the skis but forget that. So instead of being my "go to" shop, they are the "avoid like the plaque" shop.

I'm sure they'll be fine without my business. Always have been.

and as usual YMMV.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not making a judgement call one way or the other, but in my experience, pro form deals for the bigger manufacturers are usually ordered early, much earlier, in the season. I'm surprised that the shop guy offered a pro form deal this late in the season to start with.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
it wasn't offered this late in the season. It was offered in October, and is dated on my receipt. And being as it was that EARLY in the season, I did not yet have my mountain credentials. I switched departments from last year and had to wait for new ID. Told them all of this while there, that's why I didn't just pay for them and be on my way.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In the end, SwampDog, I'm just bummed that this doesn't seem to be working out for you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna