• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski areas not on any multi passes

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There seems to be a movement at the independent resorts to band together regionally. Blue Mountain and Camelback have joined together under a pass product. It kind of worries me. Roundtop, Liberty, Whitetail were Snowtime resorts before they were sold to Peak Resorts, who were bought by Vail. What used to be competitors, are now cooperative. I worry about were this going for smaller, less competitive areas. Will they be bought, then when they prove to be insuffiently profitable closed?

marzNC

Angel Diva
There seems to be a movement at the independent resorts to band together regionally. Blue Mountain and Camelback have joined together under a pass product. It kind of worries me. Roundtop, Liberty, Whitetail were Snowtime resorts before they were sold to Peak Resorts, who were bought by Vail. What used to be competitors, are now cooperative. I worry about were this going for smaller, less competitive areas. Will they be bought, then when they prove to be insuffiently profitable closed?
For the southeast, there has always been a certain level of cooperation as well as friendly competition between ski resorts. In particular, if one has a major issue that requires equipment to remedy the situation, the nearby "competitors" are wiling to help.

Blue Mountain and Camelback now have the same ownership. It makes sense for locals to have access to both resorts on a single pass.

Wisp in MD and Wintergreen in VA have the same owner as of a few years ago. Although that may not be obvious to people who only ski one location unless they compare the websites.

The owners of Berkshire East bought Catamount several years ago. It was essentially the only way that Catamount could have an owner with enough financial resources to make the needed capital improvements for lifts, snowmaking, and rebuilding the main lodge. For local, the combined pass is a very good deal. Note that Jiminy Peak, Ski Butternut, and Bousquet are close by. Jiminy and Butternut are not associated with a multiple resort pass as far as I know. The owner of Jiminy also owns Cranmore in NH, and operates Bromley.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
It's highly unlikely that the community non-profits will get sold. as I see it.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bromley is only a part of 2 other mountains; Jiminy and Cranmore so I like that a lot. My other mountain Magic is on the indy pass which in the past has been problematic. We have the quad running now so it' seems better. My local mountain butternut is it's own pass as well which is nice.

I do have an IKON pass but I like my smaller places which is where I spend most of the season.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wisp in MD and Wintergreen in VA have the same owner as of a few years ago. Although that may not be obvious to people who only ski one location unless they compare the websites.
Actually Powderhorn, Ragged, Jay Peak and Mt. Washington (BC) are also owned by the same group.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Actually Powderhorn, Ragged, Jay Peak and Mt. Washington (BC) are also owned by the same group.
Yep. It's been interesting to see how PGRI has been handling the Indy Pass. Southeast skiers who live in the DC and northern VA area have been able to use Indy at Massanutten, Bryce, and Canaan Valley since the initial season. Adding Wintergreen and Wisp will make Indy even more useful to folks who live in that region.

Season pass holders to Wisp and Wintergreen got a few days at Jay in 2023-24. I rather doubt many people made the drive from DC to northern VT though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna