• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski areas not on any multi passes

Christy

Angel Diva
Looking at the Indy Pass website and its huge variety made me wonder who the holdouts still are, that aren't on any multi pass. In my state I came up with 1.5.

Mt Baker. I don't think there ever was a ski area that cared less about getting more customers. They still don't even have a webcam.
Mt. Spokane. I only give this a .5 in counting because it's in a state park and I bet the state has rules about this sort of thing.

Who else?

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Lots in New York are not on Epic/Ikon/Indy-- though a lot of them are on the Ski NY Gold Pass. Some of those are on Indy. But my three-four local places are not on that either (Holiday Valley, Hollimont, Kissing Bridge, or Buffalo Ski Center.)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Bromley in Vermont. I have a midweek pass and sincerely hope that they never join Indy, Epic, or Ikon. It's lovely just the way it is.

Last edited:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My home hill, Wachusett, isn’t on anything. They were on the Maxx Pass the one year, but did not become an Ikon affiliate.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Looking at the Indy Pass website and its huge variety made me wonder who the holdouts still are, that aren't on any multi pass. In my state I came up with 1.5.
Storm Skiing put out a list of all the ski areas in the U.S.

I had a similar question a while back and found this list. You can download it and easily drop it into an Excel file, and filter for what you're looking for. So, to answer your question...I filtered out all "pass affiliations" that are called out on the list (Ikon, Epic, Indy, Powder, Freedom, Mountain Collective, Ski3, Uphill New England). I also added filters to say that "no" to Surface Lifts Only, and "Yes" to Open to Public: the list is 154 ski areas long.

Just for grins I put a 1,000ft vertical filter on it... And well...here they are all 36 of them:

1710249053034.png

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
There are 3 areas in Ontario on the MC pass. One is close, 2 1/2 hour drive, but the other 2 are in north western Ontario, Thunder Bay area.

So for me, unless I'm going to the states, the MC is not a deal.

There is 1 Ontario resort on Ikon - Blue Mountain, Collingwood. That resort is too close to Toronto, so really crowded on weekends.

So, Ontario (and Quebec) are mostly still independant when it comes to passes.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Storm Skiing put out a list of all the ski areas in the U.S.

I had a similar question a while back and found this list. You can download it and easily drop it into an Excel file, and filter for what you're looking for. So, to answer your question...I filtered out all "pass affiliations" that are called out on the list (Ikon, Epic, Indy, Powder, Freedom, Mountain Collective, Ski3, Uphill New England). I also added filters to say that "no" to Surface Lifts Only, and "Yes" to Open to Public: the list is 154 ski areas long.

Just for grins I put a 1,000ft vertical filter on it... And well...here they are all 36 of them:

An engineer has entered the chat. :smile:

alexashreds

Certified Ski Diva
Lots in New York are not on Epic/Ikon/Indy-- though a lot of them are on the Ski NY Gold Pass. Some of those are on Indy. But my three-four local places are not on that either (Holiday Valley, Hollimont, Kissing Bridge, or Buffalo Ski Center.)

We ski at Bristol Mountain and it's not on any pass. We get Twilight passes at Bristol for after work, uphill passes at Swain (great for weekend mornings), and then we're doing Indy this year too.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
On the east coast, Smugglers Notch draws a lot of families. Mad River Glen won best of the East in Ski Magazine last year — it is my favorite place and punches well above its weight in terms of name recognition and draw considering how no-frills it is, but I wouldn’t call it a resort - the only lodging on site is maintained by the ski clubs.

marzNC

Angel Diva
It's amazing that Stuart created the table. Of course, things continue to change . . . Wintergreen in VA joined the Indy Pass for 2024-25. Wisp in MD as well. Both are owned by the same company that bought Jay Peak. So Wintergreen and Wisp pass holders had been able to go to the other resort for a while. I think those pass holders got a few days at Jay after the purchase.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sugar Mountain in the NC mountains remains independent.

Beech is close to Sugar and isn't on any of the nationally marketed passes. But has been part of reciprocal agreements in the past.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Cascade Mountain in Portage WI still doing its own thing. If it were on Indy, I'd be getting Indy.

I believe Alpine Valley in Elkhorn WI (near Kenosha) is not on a multi-pass, as well. (am I right, @Iwannaski ?)

geargrrl

Angel Diva

Mt Baker. I don't think there ever was a ski area that cared less about getting more customers. They still don't even have a webcam.
Mt. Spokane. I only give this a .5 in counting because it's in a state park and I bet the state has rules about this sort of thing.

Who else?
Wrong about Mount Spokane. It is on weird one that you've never heard of, "Freedom Pass". We have reviewed the perk as 30+ year season pass holder and it's pretty minimal. It *is* kind of buried on the website.
Ashland, Loup Loup, Bogus, Hurricane Ridge, Arctic Valley, Cochran's. (All PNW) areas, 3 days, with additional discounts at some others.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I was just sent an email urging me to buy a "Legendary Plus Pass" which gives access to the 3 (or 4 if you consider Snowriver 2 distinct resorts) places owned by Charles Skinner in MN, WI, and MI.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna