• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Signs of Winter

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's coming, folks!

This morning it was 29 degrees here in south central VT and I had to scrape ice from my car windows to go to the gym (note to self: buy more de-icer spray). And of course, I've already mentioned how we had snow here on Saturday.

What signs of winter have you seen?

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Termination dust is on the high peaks in the Indian Peaks and the Denver metro area had it's first frost this morning.

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First mountain snow of the season is forecast for Monday in the PacNW!!! WOOOHOOO! La Nin-yeah! :smile:

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had our first snow (that stuck) on the mountains a few weeks ago. Even more this last week while I was away. The first hard frost is a distant memory...

While I love Indian Summer, I got my ski pass in the mail today. Let it snow!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
It has been below freezing at night in western Maine mountains for about a week now. :becky: Much cooler air coming in for weekend, won't get above 40 daytime.

Muppet

Certified Ski Diva
Does this count? :eyebrows:

fortu.jpg

:yahoo:

The Fort on the Traversette in La Rosiere, on the French/Italian border. Top of my favourite run!!!

Three weeks and counting until I hit the Alps, first week Chamonix, second in Les Arcs and then to La Rosiere until May. My friends think I am a transient bum, but times like these make me glad I'm a seasonaire.

Christy

Angel Diva
Here is the Crystal Mt (WA) forecast:

Sunday: Snow showers. High near 37. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow. Cloudy, with a low around 32.

Monday: Snow. Cloudy, with a high near 36.

Monday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 28.

Tuesday: Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.

Tuesday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Wednesday: A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 38.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And Mt. Rainier:

.SATURDAY NIGHT...RAIN AND SNOW. WINDY. SNOW LEVEL 6000 FEET.
.SUNDAY...RAIN TURNING TO SHOWERS. WINDY. SNOW LEVEL 5500 FEET.
.SUNDAY THROUGH MONDAY...SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 4500 FEET.
.MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY...SHOWERS LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 3500 FEET.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. SNOW
LEVEL 3500 FEET.
.WEDNESDAY...PARTLY SUNNY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL
4000 FEET.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW.
SNOW LEVEL 6500 FEET.
.THURSDAY...RAIN AND SNOW LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 7500 FEET.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's SNOWING here this morning! Just a little. But there's a tiny bit on my car and yes, I'll even have to brush it off! Wooo-hoo! :bounce:

IMG_0001.jpg

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Seriously cold out here, mostly due to wind chill. Tonight, with wind, will feel like 17F.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga