• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Show us your ski jacket quiver

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have all of mine. DH had all of his on a cowboy hat, which I kept. I want to find someone that could make a quilt type hanging of mountains that I could pin them all on to.
That sounds so cool!

Reactions: AJM

Jenny

Angel Diva
Mine is as every bit as large and exciting as my tiny ski quiver.... two, to be exact. lol
Right there with you - two ski coats, two ski pants, one pair of skis. I do have two lightweight puffers, but they're my everyday winter coat, not specifically for skiing.

I think the thing I have the most of is socks, and that's only because I insist on a fresh pair every day, so I have enough for a six day ski vacation.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I have multiple jackets, but that's because I go up and down in sizes all the time. So...the ones that are too big or small right now are in storage in the attic. I still have my hardshell from the 1990's!

Jilly

Staff member
I have multiple jackets, but that's because I go up and down in sizes all the time. So...the ones that are too big or small right now are in storage in the attic. I still have my hardshell from the 1990's!
I still have my instructor uniform from that era. It's great for snowblowing....

Skidreamer

Certified Ski Diva
Good grief! You ladies have almost as many ski jackets as I have saddle pads for my horse!

I've had quite the collection of ski jackets but I sell them second hand when I tire of them, often after only a season. I think one or 2 is enough, I just won't wear them if they're not a current favourite.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone remember wearing ski hats with pins from all the places you skied???? I had a great collection.
I saw someone whose boot bag had patches from everywhere they'd skiied - perhaps that is the new place to put them? Although I suppose pins might come off if you check your boot bag, and wouldn't be so good for carry on....

Bookworm

Angel Diva
OMG, I felt guilty because I bought an insulated jacket at the end of last season. I have been skiing in a Black Crows shell with an Arcteryx puffer underneath. I bought the insulated jacket from Black Crows, too. I love their stuff, but I buy at the end of the season so I get the unpopular colors like my School Bus Yellow shell pants!

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
OMG, I felt guilty because I bought an insulated jacket at the end of last season. I have been skiing in a Black Crows shell with an Arcteryx puffer underneath. I bought the insulated jacket from Black Crows, too. I love their stuff, but I buy at the end of the season so I get the unpopular colors like my School Bus Yellow shell pants!
I like those yellow pants! Makes you easy to spot! See there you are entering lower Hunziker. F29FCE1F-3A05-4D5A-BDCB-68095FC0B090.jpeg

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I hate stuffed pockets and boxy jackets so usually bring one of these:

But waiting to hear from @Mudgirl630 what hers is....
Great idea. I have and love a Rareform tote and have been considering one of their Zion bags for skiing.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I LOVE this!!! You are inspiring me to organize a ski closet.
I know! My dedicated ski jackets are in one place, but puffy mid layers are multi purpose so are in various spots. Stand alone puffy jackets/vests as well. May be impressive if I put them all in the same spot!

I am impressed @liquidfeet was able to collect so many gorgeous jackets in thrift stores. With my long a$$ arms I am lucky if I can find things that fit in regular shops/online. If I do, I am very tempted to buy! I do consign/donate unused items so I do not hold onto things that don’t fit.

Reactions: AJM

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes! I also think organizing thigns all together will help to see everything in one place and maybe. Just maybe. Curb the instinct to buy every pretty new jacket I come across :smile:

newboots

Angel Diva
But you are very stylish! I have a confession to make - I looked at your avatar pic and thought to myself that a fitted jacket may look cute on me too maybe. So I recently bought a Poivre Blanc Judy jacket on sale, it was a 2020 model so a great deal and the jacket is new. I's an elegant dark navy color, almost black with a hint of blue. So, you inspired me to think about my ski clothes style a bit differently. You could work as a model for ski wear!

That is link to jacket pic below. Mine is a dark navy color not the bright yellow, but I like the fitted look and the faux fur trim :smile: The hood fits over the helmet and it's a decent technical jacket with waterproofing and good pockets.

The Poivre Blanc jacket looks good on me, I am glad I got it. I am tall (6'1), not super slim, more athletic with larger muscular thighs and wider hips, but I have a well-defined waist so fitted jackets are a good look for me!
You'll look very good in that, Olesya!

newboots

Angel Diva
If you've seen me ski, you've seen my purple jacket. I bought it inexpensively at Marshall's, and it's a North Face Steep Series with pretty good technical features. I do have a black down jacket and random other regular jackets I might wear in the spring. I don't remember what I wear in the spring. I like the idea of a shell, but the decent ones I've seen were so expensive I dismissed them entirely. (And all this after working in two ski shops!)

<shrug> I'm frugal. I've been haunting the Restore, FB Marketplace, and Craigslist for furniture I need in my new house. I bought a mahogany china cabinet from the 40s for $40.00! It's gorgeous!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been haunting the Restore, FB Marketplace, and Craigslist for furniture I need in my new house. I bought a mahogany china cabinet from the 40s for $40.00! It's gorgeous!i

Vintage is better in so many ways. Better construction. Better materials. Better for the environment since you are keeping something out of the landfill and not contributing to new manufacturing needs. If you know where to shop, better prices. I used to shop ReStore in Canada, but have found the ones in my area in MA are sadly pretty overpriced and selection not as good by far.

PaiSki

Diva in Training
I am so thankful I am not alone with the ski apparel, I'm oddly addicted to buying ski pants - I'm resisting a pair of chili pepper red pants. Cause you have to be see-able on the mountain... right?!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am so thankful I am not alone with the ski apparel, I'm oddly addicted to buying ski pants - I'm resisting a pair of chili pepper red pants. Cause you have to be see-able on the mountain... right?!
Ski pants …. Taking into account various sizes and insulation or lack of I have five black, two grey, one red, one white, one cream and one turquoise. I support your addiction!

brooksnow

Angel Diva
I've been haunting the Restore, FB Marketplace, and Craigslist for furniture
BuyNothing facebook groups can be great for furniture too.

And, to keep on topic, I often see ski jackets posted in our local group too. Women's sizes, men's, and lots of outgrown kid jackets.

I also used to wear only black, but found that it looked way too gloomy on the mountain so have gone in completely the opposite direction and now have such colorful clothing that I can hardly recognize myself. My family is confused and a bit alarmed.
hahahaha! love this.

Very impressive quiver! I own 3 ski jackets, a shell jacket, an insulated shell jacket, and a down jacket. 3 pair of ski pants and a few under layer tops and 2 mid layers. 5 pair of ski socks, 3 compression tights. Everything goes with everything else, easy peasy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna