• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Severe Weather Alert in Utah---FINALLY

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Salt Lake City and Wasatch Mountains:

Tomorrow: Cloudy with rain and snow in the morning, becoming all snow in the afternoon. High 41F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. 2 to 4 inches of snow expected.

Tomorrow night: Snow showers. Low 32F. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 60%. A slushy accumulation of 1 to 2 inches.

Wednesday: Scattered snow showers during the morning. Then partly to mostly cloudy for the afternoon. Cold. High 39F. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Thursday: Snow showers in the morning. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the upper 20s

Predictions: 18-24 inches of snow in the mountains.

Snow making starts at Brighton tonight. :dance::dance:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Salt Lake City and Wasatch Mountains:

Predictions: 18-24 inches of snow in the mountains.

Snow making starts at Brighton tonight. :dance::dance:
:clap:

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Woke up to a beautiful dusting of wet snow this morning. More on the way!

wahoo!

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whats the report from UT divas?? Did you guys get anything out of the storm or did it all go to CO?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The weather that dumped on Denver seemed to miss the mountains with the quantities. How did UT fare in the system? Did the mountains get much?

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can only speak for my house. I got a couple of inches. Now, I'm at 6500 ft, so the resorts may have received more. Definitely not enough to grab the board and go poaching. But, at this time of the year, anything is welcome to help build that base. Plus, if it stays cold at night, we've got snowmaking time.

altagirl

Staff member
I can only speak for my house. I got a couple of inches. Now, I'm at 6500 ft, so the resorts may have received more. Definitely not enough to grab the board and go poaching. But, at this time of the year, anything is welcome to help build that base. Plus, if it stays cold at night, we've got snowmaking time.

Heh - it's only welcome if it keeps snowing. If we have another long warm spell that messes it up without melting it all, it creates those horrible unstable layers that caused so many avalanches last year...

Anyway, looks like they got 6-10" in the Cottonwoods. Current average depth is 15-20" at 9000'.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna