• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sego UP PRO

beckylh84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
About me: Full time patroller, 130+ days on snow this year, expert-ish, can be found in WFO & dotcom on powder days; No Name is overrated.

I wasn't 100% confident about these (my fattest fat ski) when I made the purchase, but that all changed when I got on them the first time, which happened to be a pow day. At 110 underfoot the Lynsey Dyer pro model, complete with confidence-boosting rainbows & unicorns, floats through the deepest powder, blasts through crud and carves the hardpack. Using this as my work ski (100+ days of bonding), I skied it in every condition there can be. All in all, this ski is a mega game changer & confidence booster. For a ski this wide, it's versatility is top notch. Given speed and good technique, this ski will effortlessly float through whatever conditions are out there.

This ski is stiff, not as stiff as the Kiku, but stiffer than a Rossignol Star 7. You don't need to be an expert, but you need to be a strong skier, both physically and technically, to be in charge of this ski. Speed is your friend with this ski, especially in partially frozen chunder. You can slow it down slightly in powder and corn, but stay out of the backseat! I used to dread skiing corn and slush because I would get so tired. This ski made skiing slush actually somewhat fun. Taking this out on very, very firm days was hard on the body. Not a lot of dampening and there were days that I felt like I was going to lose teeth because of the chatter, but then again I was on south facing pitches fairly early in the morning, doing work runs. I took a lap through a GS course that was set up for the kiddos and this was a fun ski on the hard groomers, especially if you can get it to almost "pop" at the apex of your turn. (The little racers were stunned to see someone on such fat skis make it through the gates).

If 110 underfoot is a little much for you, checkout the Gnarwhal. 98 underfoot and has similar characteristics and is much better for your everyday ski if you're not a patroller refusing to be seen on a "skinny" ski.

It's going to be a great day! Powder, explosives and my Sego's!
index.php

Attachments

• IMG_4378.JPG
    IMG_4378.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna