• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Seeking Advice: Which CO Resort?

daniwrites

Certified Ski Diva
Hi Everyone-- I am thinking I'd rather stay directly at Copper.

I received some price quotes from a few different sources, but wondering if any of you had some recommendations on where I can find some packages including airfaire, lift tickets, rental car, and lodging?

Sorry for all the questions!

CO-girl

Certified Ski Diva
Not sure about the package deal sources, as I live close enough to drive, but I wanted to recommend that you look into the Copper ski school.

They have great all-day group lessons (10-3) for the same price as half day (or less) lessons elsewhere. Plus if you do take a lesson, the lift ticket is only another $12. Of course, if you stay at the mountain you will get a discount on lift tickets anyway.

If you take the lesson early in your trip, you will know which terrain you like for the rest of your stay and get tips on skiing the snow conditions you are likely to encounter. (My DH and I are taking a Copper lesson in a few weeks, can't wait!)

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
https://summitnet.com/lodging/lastminute.cfm
I'd wait a bit/ or research hard for lodging as you can get great deals in April. I would think twice on the beeline advantage (lift cut privilages in Copper) maybe not worth it unless included in lodging pack. I don't know if you would need it during April.
If you come end of March you may be able to take a women's Wednesday lesson. lift and lesson 95 bucks!
airfare might be best to look at now,
April fares are coming down.
Rental? they have a christies in East Village -no access to beginer terrain, and several other on site rental places in the main village. Frisco, dillon, silverthorne offer many rental options if you have a car and, I'd want one. but then again I drive there everytime I go. :smile:
Have fun planning the trip

Well, I'm late to post here, but....are you sitting down for this.....I recommend Vail! :D Lot's of greens! Lot's of greens that lead to blues, or you could take a green around the blue part! Lionshead (in Vail....now called Vail Square to some) is a great place to take beginners!

I'm biased....and proud of that! :clap:

Vail is only 18 minutes from Copper! HUGE mountain and lots to choose from!

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, am I glad I stumbled on this thread because I am going to Vail in early April but also wanted to check out Copper, Keystone and Breckenride if possible. So, this is a great thread.

Daniwrites - Do you belong to Epic ski? There is a gathering at these various resorts in early April. Steve Hultquist may be leading the blue skiers group around Copper on Friday, 4/4 (whatever date that Friday is).
Saturday they ski Vail and there is at least a day at Keystone and Breckenridge. I have never skied with this group but they seem to go out of their way to have groups of similar abilities be able to ski together.

I feel strange posting that I may be joining an epic group in CO but can't join the Divas in Solitude. It's just a quirk of fate that I'm scheduled to be in Vail at the same time as the gathering!!!

Great info! Thanks for asking the question Daniwrites.
And welcome back NVG; good to see you post!!!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually, I believe the gathering has us skiing Beaver Creek on Saturday 4/5 and Vail on Sunday 4/6 both of which I plan to be present for.

Steve is guiding on Friday at Copper and he's a fantastic guide.

Hmmm..... can you send me a link to this post on Epic? I may try to join. I'm DYING to meet some Ski Divas! :D

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
CO Ski Gathering

Actually, I believe the gathering has us skiing Beaver Creek on Saturday 4/5 and Vail on Sunday 4/6 both of which I plan to be present for.

Steve is guiding on Friday at Copper and he's a fantastic guide.

Thanks for the correction Robyn. Still planning but hoping to attend at least one of those days if not more.
Would be great to meet some Divas also!!!

I am Ski Spirit on Epic as well as here.

Briiz

Certified Ski Diva
Hey, I'd suggest staying in Leadville, and do a couple days at Copper and Ski Cooper. I don't know how other people feel about Cooper, but I LOVE it. Plenty of really nice blues and greens, and it always seems like they have fresh powder. You could probably even take on the blacks and double blacks by the end of the trip (they're easier than most resorts). Not a souls there since its basically unheard of. Real cheap, too. My favorite place to ski. I like Copper okay, but some of the green runs are SO long and SO slow. I really don't take greens unless I have to in general, but I'd say theirs are the worse if you're going to try to ski aggressively on them.

The cooper/copper combo is my favorite weekend trip ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga