• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Salomen QST vs Pandora Line

boogiedi

Diva in Training
Hi all -- need to buy some new lighter weight, less stiff skis that will help me turn better in all conditions. I'm a true intermediate that also loves to ski bumps and trees (when not to steep!). I'm 70, active and ski to have fun. I don't have a desire to be a double black, ever! But do hope to still improve my skills.

I tested the QST's (92) and skied better than I have for a long time, but am also intrigued with all I've read about the Pandora 94 -Line.
Anyone have experience they could impart? I can't find the Pandora's to demo so buying them would be taking a chance!
And, just to note --- being a Libra --- I have a tough time making such a decision! )

Thanks all.

Analisa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't skied the most recent update to the QSTs, but for the past `~8+ years, the Pandora 94/95 & the QST / Lux 92 have competed for similar customers - entry price point, super versatile all mountain skis that can serve a wide variety of skill levels & styles when sizes correctly. If you love one, high odds you get along well with the other.

The Pandora gets its nimbleness from being a little softer. Meanwhile, the QST's a stiffer ski, but has a tighter turn radius. The QST's a little heavier, but it helps with dampen out the chunks & bumps as the day gets skied out.

But if you're looking for a tie-breaker, I think the QST is a bit more geared to your interests with the trees & bumps. The QST (bottom of the 2 skis below) has longer rocker in the tails, which allows the ski to release from turn to turn more easily. They'll be a little more apt to slip between moguls or to make tight, slashy turns in the trees. It's also a less risky choice since you know for sure you both get along.

1712558141378.png

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga