• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rossignol Famous 6

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi All. I’ve gotten my first couple of afternoons of runs under my feet for the season and have noticed that the pro shop at the mountain has a lot of last year’s skis on sale. I’ve been thinking about getting new skis for a couple of seasons but due to Covid they won’t demo. So I’m turning to you.

I bought a pair of Rossignol Famous 6 skis about 5 years ago, after returning from skiing from a very long hiatus. They were described to me as a solid “intermediate to advanced“ ski. I‘m not the world’s most expert skier, but I’ve improved significantly over the past few years, and I can handle anything on the font side of the mountain in pretty much any condition — ice, mashed potatoes, bumps. I’m not a racer, but I’m fast for a recreational skier, I’m confident and have pretty decent technique.

I feel like my skis are shimmying under my feet a bit and aren’t handling ice as well as I’d like or as well as they used to. I have to really exert pressure on the edge to maintain a grip. I ski almost entirely in the Northeast, so ice is the dominant condition. I’m wondering if I need to “level up” to a stiffer, heavier ski. Thoughts?

Jilly

Staff member
A couple of factors can make a ski "shimmy". One is your ability. Sounds like you've grown there. Add in the stiffness of the ski. The Famous 6 is exactly like you describe. Another factor...when was the last time they were tuned?

But we are enablers, so....Rossi line - Nova is the new Famous line. So the Nova 14 would be a big step up. This ski is also the Hero MT is a different top sheet. (it's not orange) Dynastar is a sister company to Rossi - the years before are the Elite Pro. This year its the M-Pro. Salomon - S Blast! Fun ski

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A couple of factors can make a ski "shimmy". One is your ability. Sounds like you've grown there. Add in the stiffness of the ski. The Famous 6 is exactly like you describe. Another factor...when was the last time they were tuned?

But we are enablers, so....Rossi line - Nova is the new Famous line. So the Nova 14 would be a big step up. This ski is also the Hero MT is a different top sheet. (it's not orange) Dynastar is a sister company to Rossi - the years before are the Elite Pro. This year its the M-Pro. Salomon - S Blast! Fun ski

Thanks! They were freshly tuned last weekend. I forgot to tune them over the summer because of Covid and took my first runs on untuned skis. I was hoping a tune would help but it really didn’t. I’m going to check out the sales today.

newboots

Angel Diva
There are many last-season skis everywhere. Remember the shutdown? Ski shops all closed abruptly, with the stock they would have still been selling and marking down in the spring. Good time to shops for other gear, if you need any.

Jilly

Staff member
In fact some resort shops didn't get a chance to sell off their demo's. There are some really good deals out there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga