• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Review of Okemo WAA program

newskiaddict

Certified Ski Diva
I just got back from the Okemo Women's Alpine Adventure program, and I wanted to put down my thoughts while they were still fresh. I highly recommend this program to anyone interested in taking their skiing to the next level, whether you are at the beginner or advanced level. My teacher and fellow group members taught me more in two days than I could have learned on my own in a year. I'm in the advanced intermediate range, but I was put in a group of skiers with much more experience than me. I went down trails I never would have had the confidence to try on my own. I'm a confident blue/black skier on groomed runs but was able to conquer bumps on black runs, ungroomed glades, and even the half-pipe in the terrain park! The best part was being surrounded by supportive women who all had the same goals: to improve their skiing. Also invaluable was the video analysis, which gave me a great visual of my strengths and weaknesses. I highly recommend this program. I had a great time, learned a ton, and even got to meet the SkiDiva herself (It was great to meet you, Wendy)! I'll definitely be going back next year. They have a March session, if you're interested in signing up.

SkiQT

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the review. I am going to the one next month. I am even more excited now.

SkiQT

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the review. I am going to the one next month. I am even more excited now.

I just got back from the March session. I was surprised at how supportive of an environment the program was. Towards the end of the second day I was coming down a trail as the last of the group and everyone was cheering for me since they saw me conquer the main thing I was working on. The ironic thing was I was only concentrating on getting down (since I was starting to get tired) and not on what I was taught.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga